Read our review of the Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Card to see why its…
Credit cards, consumer debt, travel and credit card rewards programs
- Beat his credit card debt in the 1990s and never looked back
- Has authored bestselling books on maximizing travel rewards
- Since 2013, has contributed to major blogs and online publications, such as Frugal Travel Guy, CreditCards.com, NerdWallet, Barclaycard Travel and Discover.com, among many others
- Strong believer in leveraging good credit habits for life improvements and financial gains
- Proud member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors
Andy Shuman is a former contributing writer for CreditCards.com. He is a New York-based freelance writer with strong expertise in consumer credit and travel loyalty programs. Andy is also the author of the Amazon bestselling series “The Lazy Traveler’s Handbook” and founder and blogger at LazyTravelers.net. He has contributed to major online consumer and B2B publications, covering topics ranging from credit, banking and consumer debt to cars, in-flight entertainment systems and city travel guides.
Andy believes that, used responsibly, credit cards are a fantastic, indispensable tool and that John Biggins’ Charge-It, the precursor to what we routinely call “plastic,” remains one of the most amazing inventions in the history of mankind.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
- Member of American Society of Journalists and Authors