If you have a rewards credit card, you probably have the option to redeem your…
Credit cards, credit card news, points and miles, credit scores and reports, debt management
- Eight years experience of freelance writing in personal finance, including credit cards and travel rewards
- Held over 80 different credit cards
- Helps readers find the best credit cards based on their spending habits, preferences and credit history
- Ben’s work has appeared in U.S. News & World Report, The New York Times, Yahoo Finance, Marketwatch, NerdWallet, Experian, FICO and more
Ben Luthi began writing about personal finance, particularly credit cards and travel rewards, in 2013. That’s about the same time he got his first travel rewards credit card. Since then, he’s earned and burned millions of points and miles, traveling around the U.S. and beyond.
After freelancing for a couple of years on the side, Ben spent two years at NerdWallet, first as a full-time credit card writer, then as an expert, helping individual site visitors find the right credit card for them. He also created a step-by-step guide to help his colleagues do the same.
In addition to writing about credit cards and rewards, Ben also covers a wide variety of financial topics, including consumer and business credit, investing, student loans, home loans, auto financing, cryptocurrency and more.
When he’s not writing, Ben enjoys spending time with his two kids, traveling, hiking and catching up on the latest and greatest TV shows and films.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Brigham Young University