The Chase Sapphire Reserve® and the Citi Prestige® Card offer a similar combination of rewards…
Credit cards, loyalty programs, personal finance
- Author of personal finance book “Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life You’ll Love,” available on Amazon
- Frequent consultant for the credit card industry and loyalty programs
- Provides expert commentary on credit cards for publications like New York Magazine, Time Magazine, CNBC, Reader’s Digest and more
- Has visited more than 50 countries with the help of points and miles
Holly Johnson began her career working in the funeral industry, which may make you wonder why she works in personal finance now. Yet, the funeral industry taught the author everything she needs to know about the value of one’s money and time. Johnson left the mortuary business a decade ago in order to explore her passion for personal finance and travel the world, and since then, she and her husband have built a debt-free lifestyle that has them on the path to retire very wealthy in their 40’s. Holly’s love of budgeting also led to the creation of her debt payoff book, “Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life You’ll Love.”
Currently, Johnson writes expert content on personal finance, credit cards, loyalty and insurance topics. In addition to writing for Bankrate and CreditCards.com, Johnson does ongoing work for clients that include CNN, Forbes Advisor, LendingTree, Time Magazine and more.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
"I write expert content with the goal of helping consumers make the most of their credit, their money and their lives."
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- Best Contributor/Freelancer at 6th Annual Plutus Awards