Our guide to Spirit Airline’s online shopping portal shows you how to get extra Spirit miles out of most of your online purchases.
Just a slight change in how you shop online can make a big difference in your 2019 travel plans, especially when combined with any points or miles you might already be earning with a rewards credit card. Here’s how it works.
What is Free Spirit Online Mall?
The Free Spirit Online Mall is Spirit Airlines’ shopping rewards program, which lets you earn miles simply by making purchases at eligible online stores. You don’t need a Spirit-branded credit card to qualify for the program – registration is free, and you’ll earn miles regardless of payment method.
With a huge selection of participating retailers at your fingertips, including big-box stores like Walmart and high-end merchants like Saks Fifth Avenue, the Free Spirit Online Mall is an easy and convenient way to accelerate your mileage earnings on purchases you’re already likely to make. Plus, you could also qualify for bonus offers, seasonal specials and exclusive deals to rack up even more miles.
How to join Free Spirit Online Mall
- Enroll in Free Spirit. If you haven’t already, you’ll need to sign up for Spirit Airlines’ frequent flyer program.
- Sign into the Free Spirit Online Mall. Access the Free Spirit Online Mall using your frequent flyer member ID, email and last name.
- Register your cards. Before you can start earning miles, you’ll need to register the debit and/or credit cards you’re most likely to use with the Free Spirit Online Mall.
- You’re all set!
How to use Free Spirit Online Mall
Once you’re signed up, it’s time to go shopping at mall.spirit.com. Enter your login credentials and click on the online stores or offers that catch your eye. You can also see which retailers are offering featured deals such as free shipping, bonus miles or special vouchers. You’ll be redirected to the store’s website to complete your purchase.
Remember to start your search at mall.spirit.com. Going directly to a retailer’s website or physical store location won’t work. You’ll also need to pay using one of your pre-registered debit or credit cards, otherwise your mileage earnings won’t be credited to your Free Spirit frequent flyer account.
Once award miles are added to your account, they’re redeemable for travel just like the miles you earn when flying with Spirit or any other airline.
How many miles can you earn with Free Spirit Online Mall?
Like other shopping rewards programs, your potential earnings with Free Spirit Online Mall depends on the store and the particular purchase. (For example, retailers sometimes offer bonus miles when you spend a certain amount.) However, a quick scan of the shopping portal shows that most purchases are worth anywhere from 1 to 6 miles for every dollar spent, although some partners offer much more. Per the program’s terms and conditions, there’s no guaranteed number of miles, and both participating retailers and the miles they offer can change daily.
After you buy something, it takes up to 60 days (or longer in some cases) for transactions to be confirmed with the retailer. Once approved, the miles will be posted to your Free Spirit account within 24 hours.
How to maximize Free Spirit Online Mall
- Opt in to marketing emails to receive the latest Free Spirit Online Mall deals and discounts.
- Use a rewards credit card whenever you shop online.
- Check the Free Spirit Online Mall every time you shop. Options change all the time, so you might find that one of your favorite stores has been added to the portal, even if it didn’t participate before.
- Use Free Spirit Online Mall to make other travel-related purchases, such as hotel reservations and car rentals.
- Do not click out to another website in between Free Spirit Online Mall and completing your purchase at a store site.
- Do not purchase any items you have previously saved to your cart with a participating retailer – begin your shopping directly from the Free Spirit Online Mall.
- If you decide after checking out that you want to purchase something else, close the retailer site window and start the process again.
- Enter any required coupon codes when completing your purchase.
- Make sure your browser settings are not blocking cookies. Cookies are used to track your purchases with participating retailers and to credit your Free Spirit miles to your account.
- Keep your account up-to-date with your debit and credit card numbers, including any replacements you’ve requested if one was lost or stolen.
- Check your Free Spirit account regularly to ensure your miles are properly credited. If you think you’re missing rewards, you can log in to your account and submit a missing rewards form.
Best credit cards to use with Free Spirit Online Mall
Although you can use any Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover card with the Free Spirit Online Mall, certain credit cards – including ones that offer their own rewards – are better than others. Because you can purchase hotel reservations and car rentals through the portal, credit cards that offer travel-specific rewards can be especially valuable.
Some examples include:
|Credit Card||Rewards for Shopping||Annual Fee|
|Spirit Airlines World Mastercard||2 miles per dollar||$59, $0 first year|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card||1 point per dollar||$95|
|Best Western Rewards Mastercard||2 points per dollar||$0|
|Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card||1.5% cash back||$0|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card|
2 miles per dollar
|$95, $0 first year|
Free Spirit Online Mall partners
Hundreds of retailers partner with Free Spirit Online Mall. This includes national chains like Macy’s, Walmart and Best Buy, as well as specialty stores such as Aveda and Amara. Merchant categories include:
- Banking and insurance (H&R Block, FSAstore.com, TurboTax)
- Clothes and fashion (American Eagle, Ann Taylor, Betsey Johnson)
- Travel (Alamo, Best Western, Hotels.com)
- Entertainment and leisure (Barnes & Noble, Fandango, Groupon)
- Health and beauty (Birchbox, Clinique, OleHenriksen)
- Toys and games (The Sharper Image, Lego, GameStop)
Visit the Free Spirit Online Mall website to view the full list of categories and retailers.
For fans of the ultra-low-cost Spirit Airlines, the Free Spirit Online Mall makes it even easier to make that next long weekend or beach vacation a reality. Plus, it’s free, so you really have nothing to lose. Check out the Free Spirit Dining program for another convenient way to build up your miles balance and get to that next reward flight quickly.
Related stories: Free Spirit Dining program guide, Booking flights: When to pay cash, when to redeem miles, How to make the most of an airline dining program