This year's holiday shopping season is already unlike any other. Homebound consumers are doing most…
Rewards strategy, small business marketing
- Journalist published in dozens of magazines, newspapers and websites
- Founder and editor of The Jewelry Loupe
- Speaker and writer specializing in small-business marketing, travel and credit
After receiving her B.A. in magazine journalism from the University of Maryland, Cathleen worked as a staff editor for consumer and trade magazines before becoming a full-time freelance writer.
Her stories on design, travel and business have appeared in dozens of publications including the Washington Post, Town & Country, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire, Fodor’s Travel, Departures and The Writer. In 2009, she launched The Jewelry Loupe, a magazine-style blog that now has more than 25,000 followers around the world. Cathleen writes and speaks about marketing creative small businesses. She has been a contributor to CreditCards.com since 2009.
Cathleen earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Maryland
- Website: https://www.cathleenmccarthy.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/clmccarthy
- Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/in/cathleenmccarthy/
Our editorial team provides an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
- Bachelor of arts degree from the University of Maryland