From now through the end of the year, Discover it Miles cardholders can earn an increased bonus when they refer friends to the card.
Here’s what you need to know to qualify for this deal:
- Log in to your Discover account here to access your referral link.
- Your friend must apply through the link and be approved for you to qualify for the credit.
- You’ll receive a $100 statement credit upon approval.
- Your friend can also receive a $100 statement credit, after making their first purchase in the first three months of account opening.
- You can refer up to five friends per year for this promotion, for up to $500 in statement credits
- Offer ends Dec. 31, 2019.
This limited-time offer is boasting double the potential credit for each referred friend of other Discover cards.
Is the Discover it Miles card worth it?
Before you refer a friend to the Discover it Miles card, consider if it aligns with their spending habits. The card does not charge an annual fee and offers a flat 1.5 miles per dollar on every purchase.
In many cases, this rewards rate might not be as lucrative as other no annual fee travel cards – like the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card – which offer a higher rate of return in certain categories of spending. You’ll have to do the math on your own budget to determine if the card is a good deal for you.
However, the Discover it Miles does come with an incredible generous introductory offer – which matches all the miles you earn in the first year of card ownership. This effectively boosts your first-year rewards rate to 3 miles per dollar – on par with more expensive travel credit cards.