From now through the end of the year, Discover it Miles cardholders can earn an increased bonus when they refer friends to the card.
Discover has announced a special limited-time promotion within the Refer a Friend program. From now until Dec. 31, 2019, Discover it® Miles cardholders can earn a $100 statement credit when they refer a friend to the card. Even better, the friend also can snag a $100 credit.
Here’s what you need to know to qualify for this deal:
- Log in to your Discover account here to access your referral link.
- Your friend must apply through the link and be approved for you to qualify for the credit.
- You’ll receive a $100 statement credit upon approval.
- Your friend can also receive a $100 statement credit, after making their first purchase in the first three months of account opening.
- You can refer up to five friends per year for this promotion, for up to $500 in statement credits
- Offer ends Dec. 31, 2019.
This limited-time offer is boasting double the potential credit for each referred friend of other Discover cards.
Is the Discover it Miles card worth it?
Before you refer a friend to the Discover it Miles card, consider if it aligns with their spending habits. The card does not charge an annual fee and offers a flat 1.5 miles per dollar on every purchase.
In many cases, this rewards rate might not be as lucrative as other no annual fee travel cards – like the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card – which offer a higher rate of return in certain categories of spending. You’ll have to do the math on your own budget to determine if the card is a good deal for you.
However, the Discover it Miles does come with an incredible generous introductory offer – which matches all the miles you earn in the first year of card ownership. This effectively boosts your first-year rewards rate to 3 miles per dollar – on par with more expensive travel credit cards.