If you plan to visit Hilton hotels between now and Sept. 7, 2020, the Points Unlimited promotion should be an easy way to stockpile rewards, especially if you’re planning to stay 10 nights or more.
Note: This promotion is no longer available.If you need to spend some time in Hilton hotels this summer, an extended loyalty promotion should help offset some of your travel headache. Through Sept. 7, 2020, Hilton’s Points Unlimited promotion allows Hilton Honors members to earn 2,000 bonus points each time they stay at a Hilton hotel, plus an additional 10,000 points for every 10 nights spent at a Hilton hotel.
Hilton Honors membership is free and there’s no limit to how many points you can earn with the Points Unlimited promotion. Here’s how it works.
Earn 2,000 points per stay, plus 10,000 points after 10 nights
To start, you’ll earn 2,000 points each time you stay at a Hilton property. Hilton defines a single “stay” as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not you check out and check back in again.
In other words, whether you spend one night at a Hilton hotel or seven consecutive nights, you’ll earn points for a single stay. For example: One night at a Hilton hotel in February and three consecutive nights at a Hilton hotel in March would equal two stays, earning you 4,000 bonus points (two stays at 2,000 points per stay).
Additionally, for every 10 nights you spend at a Hilton hotel, you’ll earn 10,000 bonus points. These do not need to be 10 consecutive nights. As long as you’ve spent a total of 10 nights at a Hilton hotel during the promotional period, you’ll earn the 10,000-point bonus. There’s no limit to how many 10,000-point bonuses you can earn, so if you stay 20 total nights, you’ll earn 20,000 points, and so on.
Even better, these 10,000-point bonuses stack on top of the promotion’s 2,000-point-per-stay bonuses. So if, for example, you stayed in a Hilton property five times between now and Sept. 7, 2020 for a total of 10 nights, you’d earn 20,000 points: 10,000 “per stay” points (five stays at 2,000 points per stay) plus 10,000 bonus points (for staying 10 total nights).
Making the most of the Points Unlimited promotion
Luckily, the Points Unlimited promotion isn’t burdened with too many caveats. Still, there are a few things you should keep in mind to get maximum value out of the promotion:
- Reward stays count, too – Even if you’re booking a Hilton stay with points, you’ll earn 2,000 bonus points per stay, and reward stays will count toward the 10,000-point bonus.
- Bonus points stack with regular Hilton points – You can earn 2,000- and 10,000-point bonuses on top of the points you already earn as a Hilton Honors member (10 points per dollar spent on most hotel stays in the Hilton hotel portfolio).
- You must register prior to check-out – In order to claim your bonus points, you must register for the Points Unlimited promotion prior to check-out. You cannot claim bonus points for stays you’ve completed prior to registering, even if they’re otherwise eligible.
- You must check out by Sept. 7, 2020 – The promotion’s terms state explicitly that you will receive credit for your stay if it’s completed on or after Jan. 6, 2020, even if it started earlier, but “if you start a stay in the middle of the promotional period and check-out after September 7, 2020, you will not receive the bonus.”
- All Hilton brands are participating, including the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Canopy, Curio, Tru, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites brands.
See related: 10 ways to earn Hilton Honors points
Rack up even more points with a Hilton credit card
If you’re a frequent Hilton hotel guest, it’s worth considering a credit card that offers bonus Hilton rewards on your travel and everyday spending. Hilton-branded cards will not only get you points toward your next Hilton stay, but also offer automatic Hilton Honors elite status, which, depending on the tier, can include perks like free Wi-Fi, late checkout, your choice of room and a free fifth night on rewards stays.
For example, the no-annual-fee Hilton Honors American Express Card offers 7 points per dollar spent on Hilton hotel stays, 5 points per dollar on U.S. restaurant, U.S. supermarket and U.S. gas station purchases and 3 points per dollar on general purchases. You’ll also earn 80,000 points if you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months, which is enough to get you a free night in a higher-tier Hilton hotel or a few at a more moderately priced property.
Hilton Honors American Express Card
|Welcome bonus||80,000 points if you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months|
|Estimated yearly rewards value ($1,325 monthly spend)||$477|
See related: Which Hilton Honors card is best for you?
If you’re already a frequent guest of Hilton hotels, this promotion should be an easy way for you to stockpile rewards in 2020, and it’s definitely worth registering if you plan to do much traveling in the early part of the year. But if Hilton hotels are not your default choice, the Points Unlimited promotion’s 2,000 to 10,000-plus point bonuses may not be valuable enough to justify staying an extra night or switching hotel brands.