Considering a balance transfer to an American Express credit card? Here's everything you need to…
Travel rewards, personal finance
- Freelance writer specializing in personal finance and travel content
- Founder of Family Money Adventure, a website dedicated to helping families manage their money better so they can afford to live the life they dream of
- 2020 Plutus Awards Finalist
Kevin Payne is a freelance writer focused on the personal finance and travel spaces. He frequently writes about credit cards, banking, student loans, insurance, travel rewards and more. His work has been featured in publications such as Forbes Advisor, Bankrate, Credit Karma, Finance Buzz, The Ascent and Student Loan Planner.
He is also the personal finance expert behind Family Money Adventure, where he regularly shares practical advice on managing family finances and traveling with a family. His lifelong love of travel and raising four teenagers with his wife led to a deep dive into the world of credit card rewards. Kevin and his family have managed to plan several family vacations using travel rewards.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
"Discovering rewards credit cards several years ago has helped fund several amazing family adventures over the past decade. Used responsibly, a rewards credit card is one of the most beneficial financial products available."
- Currently pursuing accredited financial counselor (AFC) certification
- Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine blogger team
- Plutus Foundation Advisory Group member