The amount of credit card debt you're coping with can affect your physical health.
Personal finance, credit cards, insurance
- Austin, Texas- based freelance writer and content marketing strategist
- Quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Today.com, ABC News, NPR, MarketWatch and the Chicago Tribune
- Featured in Bankrate, Forbes Advisor, Experian and U.S. News & World Report
John Egan is a freelance writer and content marketing strategist in Austin, Texas. He specializes in content focusing on personal finance, real estate and health and wellness. Among the outlets where John’s work has appeared are CreditCards.com, Bankrate, Forbes Advisor, Experian and U.S. News & World Report. He is the former editor-in-chief of the Austin Business Journal.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
“Just like millions of Americans, I have experienced ups and downs with my personal finances. When I share knowledge and expertise about spending and saving money, it makes me feel good about helping someone who’s in the same situation that I’ve been in. Most of us don’t learn about personal finance in school – we often learn about it through trial and error. It’s my hope that somebody can figure out how to better handle their money after reading my work.”
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, The University of Kansas
- Master’s degree in Communication, Southern New Hampshire University
- Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing (SABEW)
- National Association of Real Estate Editors