Card issuers have different policies on what can be considered income on a credit card…
Business, credit and money management, debt
- Author of Expecting Money: The Essential Financial Plan for New and Growing Families—Publishers Weekly starred review and published in two editions
- Contributing reporter for U.S. News & World Report, focusing on credit news
- Personal finance program host. Produced Making it in San Francisco on KRON-TV and Adventures in Money podcast
Erica Sandberg is a credit and money management expert who began her career at Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS). There, she helped individuals and families overcome their debt issues and developed budgets, then transitioned into the agency’s primary media spokesperson.
For CreditCards.com, Erica produces stories and advice columns, including her current Small Business Credit Profile, an interview platform that features entrepreneurs and the way they use credit products. She also pens the Business Banter column for Bankrate where she answers questions about credit options and writes articles about money and credit topics.
Other clients of Erica’s include Experian, Discover and First Republic Bank. Passionate about communicating money and credit information, she has represented Chase, Western Union, the Better Business Bureau and Learning Resources in media campaigns and is a speaker for journalism conferences.
As an expert, Erica provides commentary for news programs, from CNN to Fox, as well as on her local San Francisco news outlets. She has also been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and San Francisco Chronicle.
As a dedicated community advocate, Erica devotes her time to causes that move her, including to Downtown Streets Team where she helped people experiencing homelessness fix their credit problems, open bank accounts and prepare for a financially independent future.
Her volunteer board experience includes San Francisco Police Department’s Community Advisory Board on Homelessness, San Francisco SAFE (Safety Awareness for Everyone) and the Salvation Army Harbor Lights Center advisory board.
Learn more about Erica on her website: www.ericasandberg.com/about
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
"Credit cards are exciting financial tools with a huge number of embedded perks and benefits. My job is to make sure you get the most out of them, so you not only avoid trouble but come out ahead!"
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, San Francisco State University
- UC Berkeley extension’s 2-year financial planning certificate program
- Society of Professional Journalists
- San Francisco Police Department’s Community Advisory Board on Homelessness San Francisco SAFE (Safety Awareness for Everyone)
- Salvation Army Harbor Lights Center advisory board"