Wondering how many credit cards you should have? Experts say at least two, one from…
- Professional journalist
- Worked as a staff writer at the Los Angeles Times and The Associated Press, among others
- Writing published in The New York Times, The Washington Post and Vogue, among others.
- Writing about personal finance for CreditCards.com since 2016
Constance Sommer is a professional journalist who started her career in newspapers, working as a staff writer for the Los Angeles Times, The Associated Press, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and a little weekly newspaper called The Acorn. More recently, as a freelance writer, her work has appeared in CreditCards.com, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and Vogue, among others.
- CreditCards.com – How to buy a used car
- CreditCards.com – Guide to Brex: The card for startups
- CreditCards.com – Two? Seven? Twenty? How many credit cards should I have?
- The New York Times – Parents of College Students Worry, Should They Stay or Go?
- The Washington Post – Summer ‘camp’ with the neighborhood teens. Is it worth the risk?
- Los Angeles Times – Shin splints, a nagging injury that doesn’t have to sideline exercise
- To Her Credit – How coronavirus is changing the future of child care
- Vogue – I’m Thrilled My Husband Is Getting the Vaccine—I’m Also Very Jealous
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
“I like helping people figure out what cards should be in their wallet. There are so many products out there – it can be overwhelming. And not every card works for every lifestyle. I hope that my articles make the choices clearer for readers.”
- Bachelor’s degree in History, U.C. Berkeley
- Master’s in Journalism, University of Missouri