Though these cards both earn cash back, the rate at which you’ll earn it differs…
Bob Haegele is a personal finance writer who specializes in topics such as investing and credit cards. He worked as an IT analyst for nine years, but he pursued jobs in that field for one big reason: student loans. After attending a private university, he had a whole lot of them. But thanks to a combination of high earnings and living rent-free at home after college, he managed to become debt-free just shy of his thirtieth birthday. He always loved writing and, free of debt, he decided to bring things full circle and help others with their finances, too.
- Source for personal finance commentary at MarketWatch, Chime and other major outlets
- Served as the guest for podcast interviews discussing everything from budgeting to self-employment
- Head of content at Modest Money, a site that teaches people how to invest and take control of their money
- Bob Haegele writes about investing at Bankrate, Business Insider and Investment U.
- In addition, he writes about insurance for Insurance.com and Carinsurance.com.
- He also writes for GOBankingRates where he tackles a variety of topics, including everything from how climate change will affect real estate values to celebrity net worth.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
“My goal is to help people get out of debt, take control of their money and build wealth."
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from Marquette University