Capital One lounges offer premium amenities without membership or airline limitations. Here’s what you need to know.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired. Please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Gone are the days when American Express was the only credit card issuer with its own airport lounges open to eligible cardholders.
Capital One lounges are the newest issuer-run offering to enter the market. In April 2021, Capital One announced plans to open its first airport lounges, “intentionally designed to provide relaxation, rejuvenation and exploration.”
“We’ve been on a multi-year journey to invest in travel benefits for our cardholders to bring them value, flexibility and ease,” a Capital One spokesperson said. “Creating a network of an industry-leading airport lounge experience is yet another way for us to offer an elevated travel experience for our customers.”
Today, the first Capital One lounge is open. Two more are set to start welcoming travelers in 2022.
Here’s everything to know about Capital One airport lounges, what they offer and how to get access to them.
Where are the Capital One lounges located?
Currently, only one Capital Lounge is open to guests, located at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport in Terminal D by Gate D2.
Another two lounges set to open in 2022 are at Denver International Airport (DEN) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) outside of Washington, D.C.
Courtesy of Capital One
What do Capital One lounges offer?
According to Capital One, the issuer has taken an intentional design approach to lounge experience, leveraging customer insights, technology and industry trends.
“Based on this research, we are creating spaces that fit a variety of traveler needs and allow our customers to make the experience their own every time they visit a Capital One Lounge, which we know is especially important amid the evolving travel landscape,” a Capital One spokesperson said.
Perks and amenities will vary by lounge and include food and drinks, shower suites, work zones, relaxation rooms and more.
Courtesy of Capital One
Let’s dig in and take a closer look at everything you may find at Capital One lounges.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi: At Capital One lounges, you can get free access to high-speed internet connection to browse the web while you’re between flights.
- Food and drinks: Capital One provides plenty of food choices at its lounges, including grab-and-go options, dining stations with health-conscious dishes, fully stocked bars and coffee bars. The food selections also feature options for vegetarians, vegans or those on a gluten-free diet.
- Work zones: If you want to get some work done before your flight, you can use a semi-private work area with outlets to charge your devices.
- Luggage lockers: Capital One lounges provide secure lockers so you can leave your carry-on and relax before your next flight without worrying about it.
- Relaxation rooms: If you’re looking for a quiet and private space to sleep, you can head to a relaxation room and use one of the immersive nap pods offering guided meditations.
- Workout zones: Some Capital One lounges will also feature yoga rooms and cycling rooms equipped with Peloton bikes.
- Family areas: If you’re traveling with family, you may be able to take advantage of a family area at a Capital One lounge. These zones include kid-friendly tables and chairs and a work zone for adults. Some lounges may also have a private nursing room.
- Shower suites: If you want to freshen up during a layover, you may be able to use a shower suite in select Capital One lounges. The suites provide complimentary towels and luxury toiletries.
How to get access to Capital One lounges
One of the best things about Capital One lounges is their accessibility.
Airline lounges usually require an expensive membership and only sell day passes to travelers holding a ticket from the associated airline.
American Express, Capital One’s competitor in the card lounge space, only allows cardmembers with some of the most expensive Amex cards into Centurion lounges.
Anyone visiting the airport can enter a Capital One lounge at a flat fee of $65. If you have an eligible Capital One card, you can get access for a reduced fee or even for free.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Spark Miles for Business holders can receive two complimentary visits annually and have access to a special entry rate of $45 per visit after that. They can also bring additional guests for $45 per visit each.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card holders receive unlimited access, including free entry for their authorized users and up to two guests per visit. Any additional guests get special pricing of $45 per visit.
On top of that, Venture X cardholders can sign up for a complimentary Priority Pass membership, which provides access to more than 1,300 airport lounges around the world. (Note, Capital One lounges will not be part of Priority Pass.)
See related: Best credit cards for airport lounge access
Whether you have an eligible Capital One card or not, it may be worth paying the issuer’s lounge a visit. You can get access to top-notch amenities at a reasonable fee (or even free of charge) with no airline restrictions or membership requirements.
Capital One’s airport lounge project looks ambitious and promising. With one lounge already open and two in the works, the issuer is focused on growing its lounge network.
We’re hoping to see new lounge announcements soon as these spaces can offer value and convenience to travelers without the limitations airline and card issuer lounges traditionally impose.
The editorial content on this page is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. It has not been provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.