CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
CCDC has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover and Wells Fargo.
- Intro Bonus
- 2,500 points Get 2,500 bonus points with your first purchase
- Reward Rates
- 3X Earn 3X points per dollar on dining
- 2X Earn 2X points per dollar on gas and groceries
- 1X Earn 1X point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 11.40% - 27.40% Variable
- Annual Fee
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent on dining
- Earn 2X points per dollar spent on gas and groceries
- Earn 1X points for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Get 2,500 bonus points with your first purchase
- Redeem points for cash, merchandise, gift cards and more.
- USAA membership is available to active and former military and their eligible family members
2.4 out of 5
Our take: The USAA Rewards American Express Card is one of the best cards around for active-duty service members, but its mediocre rewards program and high APR for cardholders with less-than-perfect credit limit its appeal.