- Start with a Credit Builder Account* that reports to all 3 credit bureaus. Each on-time monthly payment builds credit history and savings. Choose the plan that works for you.
- Make at least 3 monthly payments on time, have $100 or more in savings progress in your Credit Builder Account, and be in good standing.** Then, you’ll be eligible for the Self Visa® Credit Card, without a hard credit check.
- Your savings progress from your Credit Builder Account acts as your security deposit for your secured Credit Card.
- Get the savings plan that helps build credit today.
- No credit score is needed to get started.
- Your money is secured and protected in a bank account.
- *Credit Builder Account Sample Product: $48 monthly payment, 24 month term with a $9 admin fee at a 15.72% Annual Percentage Rate. Please refer to https://www.self.inc/pricing for the most recent pricing options.
- **Secured Credit Card Disclaimers, Rates and Fees: https://www.self.inc/card-agreement
- Self Visa® Credit Card issued by Lead Bank or SouthState Bank, N.A., each Member FDIC. See self.inc for details.
- Active Credit Builder Account in good standing, 3 on time payments, $100 or more in saving progress. Requirements subject to change.
2.5 out of 5
Our take: This combination of a loan and secured credit card could prove useful as a one-two credit-building punch, but since you'll essentially have to pay interest charges on your own money, it's unlikely to be the most cost-effective credit-building option.