CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
CCDC has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi and Discover.
- Reward Rates
- 5X Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump. Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats do not receive cash back rewards.
- 3X Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- 1X Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 0% for 12 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 13.49% - 17.99% Variable
- Annual Fee
- $100 statement bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- 0% promotional rate for 12 months on balance transfers made between now and September 30, 2020. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be a non-variable rate of 17.99%. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Rate and offers current as of July 1, 2020 and subject to change.
- Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump. Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats do not receive cash back rewards.
- Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- No cash advance fee
- Chip and Contactless 'Tap to Pay' enabled for added security, ease and convenience at the point of sale
- Click and Pay eligible, via Secure Remote Commerce, so you can enjoy easy and secure online buying checkout
- Purchase variable rate as low As 13.49% APR and capped at 17.99%
3.1 out of 5
Our take: The PenFed Platinum Rewards card offers generous rewards and ample benefits for an appealing price, but its travel booking fees drag down the card’s appeal.