- Reward Rates
- 5X Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump.
- 3X Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- 1X Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats receive 1 point per dollar spent.
- 1X Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 0% for 12 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 13.49% - 17.99% Variable
- Annual Fee
- $100 statement credit after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- 0% promotional rate for 12 months on balance transfers made between now and September 30, 2020. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be a non-variable rate of 17.99%. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Rate and offers current as of September 1, 2020 and subject to change.
- Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump. Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats receive 1 point per dollar spent.
- Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- No cash advance fee
- Chip and Contactless 'Tap to Pay' enabled for added security, ease and convenience at the point of sale
- Click and Pay eligible, via Secure Remote Commerce, so you can enjoy easy and secure online buying checkout
- Purchase variable rate as low As 13.49% APR and capped at 17.99%
3.1 out of 5
Our take: The PenFed Platinum Rewards card offers generous rewards and ample benefits for an appealing price, but its travel booking fees drag down the card’s appeal.