CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
- Intro Bonus
- $100 $100 bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within 90 days of account opening.
- Reward Rates
- 5X Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump. Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats do not receive cash back rewards.
- 3X Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- 1X Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 0% for 12 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 11.74%-17.99% Variable
- Annual Fee
- $100 bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- 0% APR promo balance transfer rate for 12 months now through March 31, 2020. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be 11.74% to 17.99%. APR will vary w/the market based on Prime Rate. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Rate and offers current as of December 1, 2019 and subject to change.
- Earn 5 points on gas purchases at the pump. Fuel purchases for airplanes and boats do not receive cash back rewards.
- Earn 3 points on supermarket purchases (3 points/dollar spent)
- Earn 1 point on all other purchases (1 point/dollar spent)
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- No cash advance fee
- Chip enabled for added security
- Federally insured by NCUA
- Variable rate as low As 11.74% APR
3.1 out of 5
Our take: The PenFed Platinum Rewards card offers generous rewards and ample benefits for an appealing price, but its travel booking fees drag down the card’s appeal.