CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
- $100 bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
- 0% APR promo balance transfer rate for 12 months now through March 31, 2020. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be 8.24% to 17.99%. APR will vary w/the market based on Prime Rate. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Rate and offers current as of January 1, 2020 and subject to change.
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- No cash advance fees
- Chip enabled for added security
- Federally insured by NCUA
- Variable Rate As Low As 8.24% APR
3.3 out of 5
Our take: The PenFed Gold Visa card offers one of the lowest standard APRs you can get on a credit card and relatively few fees; but it’s only available to cardholders who qualify for Pentagon Federal Credit Union membership.