Before you settle in front of the TV, soaking in the nostalgia of your favorite Disney films, do yourself a favor. Set up your payment for the service with a credit card that will earn you rewards on your purchases.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired. Please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Citi is a CreditCards.com advertising partner.
Disney+ – the long-awaited streaming service combining all Disney, Pixar, ESPN and Marvel content – has lived up to its hype, offering fans a chance to stream all their favorite Disney movies and new original content. But before you sign up, here’s a question you might not have thought about – what is the best credit card for Disney+?
Points and cash back on streaming service purchases have been an up-and-coming rewards category, but is Disney+ included in the list of qualifying merchants? We’ve scoped out the best credit cards for Disney+ to help you decide which one to link to your account. That way, you can ensure you get top-notch rewards from your next binge.
Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express: Best for Disney+ and other subscriptions
Why we picked it: Offering some of the highest cash back rates on the market, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express gives you 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions (including Disney+). This card is also one of the best cards for grocery shopping – giving you 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in purchases per year, then 1%), 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and on transit and 1% on general purchases.
Right now, a Disney+ subscription costs $79.99 for a year, so 6% of that would earn you around $4.80 in cash back, and that’s only one streaming site. If you have Spotify, Hulu and HBO Max (among others), you could earn a fair amount of cash back on this category alone.
- $350 statement credit after spending $3,000 in first six months
- 0% intro APR on new purchases and balance transfers for 12 months (16.99% to 27.99% variable APR thereafter)
- Benefits like purchase protection, return protection and extended warranty
- 2.7% foreign transaction fee
- $95 annual fee
- Limited redemption options
Who should apply: For families who spend heavily on groceries and multiple streaming subscriptions for the kids, this card will bring in great rewards. The Amex Blue Cash Preferred is also lucrative for working people who go into the office every day and have more than one streaming subscription.
Who should skip: If your only streaming subscription is Disney+, you can skip this one. You should also consider other cards if you dine out more often than you cook or mainly work from home.
Citi Custom Cash Card: Best for streaming superfans
Why we picked it: A small-but-mighty cash back card, the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is ideal for people looking for a card to earn rewards on their streaming subscriptions only (supplementing other cards in their wallet). This card earns 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle (up to $500), then 1% thereafter. It also earns 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Citi does allow select streaming services to qualify as a highest spend category. The important thing is that you must mainly use this card on your various streaming subscriptions so that this category remains your top spend category. If you choose this strategy, it’s best to charge your other everyday purchases on another card.
- $200 cash back after you spend $1,500 on purchases in the first six months
- Flexible redemption points
- Transfer points (cash back is fulfilled as ThankYou points) to other Citi ThankYou rewards cards
- 0% intro APR for 15 months on new purchases and balance transfers (16.99% to 26.99% variable APR thereafter)
- 5% cash back on top spend category is capped at $500 in purchases
Who should apply: True streaming fiends – who have to have all or most of the popular streaming subscriptions – should definitely consider this card. It’s also a great option for credit card optimizers who have multiple cards for different purposes. In fact, the Citi Custom Cash is perfect for bingers who subscribe for a month or two (to binge-watch one show), then unsubscribe and spend mostly on groceries the next month.
Who should skip: If you like to charge most of your spending on one card, you should skip this one. Also, unless you subscribe to many (we’d say at least three) streaming services, you will find it difficult to justify having a card only for rewards on streaming.
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for a few streaming services
Why we picked it: Also picked as one of the best credit cards for entertainment, the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card* is known for its 4% cash back on dining, entertainment and popular streaming services. It also brings in 3% cash back at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target) and 1% cash back on other purchases.
Not as many streaming services are eligible for cash back on this card, but Disney+ (and Netflix and Hulu) do apply. That’s why it’s perfect for cardholders who subscribe to only a few of these services.
- $300 cash back if you spend $3,000 in the first three months
- Earn unlimited cash back
- Flexible redemption options
- Cannot redeem cash back for merchandise or airline travel
- $95 annual fee
Who should apply: Cardholders subscribed to one or two streaming sites should go for this card. This is also a great option for anyone who likes to put most of their purchases on one card, since it also earns cash back in everyday categories, or those who enjoy live entertainment (such as going to the movies or buying tickets to sporting events).
Who should skip: Those with numerous streaming subscriptions other than Disney+ may find that some streaming sites don’t qualify under Capital One. Also, anyone who can’t fit the card’s annual fee into their budget should opt out.
Citi Double Cash Credit Card: Best for flat-rate cash back
Why we picked it: The Citi® Double Cash Card is indeed one of the best flat-rate cash back credit cards on the market. With it, you earn up to 2% cash back on all purchases – 1% when you make the purchase and 1% when you pay off that purchase. The cash back only excludes gift cards, but other than that, it has no category restrictions. In other words, you’ll definitely earn up to 2% on your Disney+ subscription. The best part is if you wanted to use your rewards on travel, you could do so by transferring your cash back to Citi ThankYou points.
- Flexible redemption options
- Transfer cash back to Citi ThankYou points ($1 to 100 ThankYou points)
- No annual fee
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Awards expire if no card activity in more than 12 months
Who should apply: Anyone who’s looking for a no-annual-fee card should consider the Citi Double Cash. It’s also a great option for those who may want to spend their rewards on travel.
Who should skip: If you don’t mind paying an annual fee or love maximizing your rewards, you should apply for another card with higher rewards and more premium perks.
Comparing the best credit cards for Disney+
Which card earns cash back? And which one earns points? How do you choose between them all? We know – the number of choices can feel overwhelming. That’s why we compiled the cards together into this table, so you can see how they compare beside each other.
|Card||Disney+ rewards||Intro bonus||Annual fee|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions||$350 statement credit if you spend $3,000 in 6 months||$95|
|Citi Custom Cash℠ Card||5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle (up to first $500 spent, then 1%)||$200 cash back if you spend $1,500 in first 6 months||$0|
|Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card*||4% cash back on popular streaming services||$300 if you spend $3,000 in first 3 months||$95|
|Citi® Double Cash Card||$200 cash back if you spend $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening for a limited time||$0|
How to choose the best credit card for Disney+
Before you get too excited and apply for one of these cards, you should explore some important factors:
- How many streaming subscriptions do you have? Whether you subscribe to nearly all the streaming sites or are looking to get rewards only on your Disney+ subscription, there’s certainly a card for you. If you only have Disney+ and also enjoy live entertainment, the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards won’t disappoint. For those who cannot get enough of streaming, the Citi Custom Cash will really give you bang for your buck.
- Are you looking for an additional or main card? Cardholders who like maximizing their multiple cards will have no problem making good use of the Citi Custom Cash. However, if you like to put all your charges on one card, you should go for one with more everyday categories, like the Amex Blue Cash Preferred or a simple flat-rate card like the Citi Double Cash.
- Can you justify the annual fee? If you have the budget for it, the Amex Blue Cash Preferred or Capital One Savor will serve you well. If not, you’ll be surprised by the rewards you can earn from the no-annual-fee cards.
Before you settle in front of the television, soaking in the nostalgia of your favorite Disney films, do yourself a favor. Set up your payment for the service with a credit card that will earn you rewards on your purchases. Then, sit back and relax while you earn points or cash back as you stream.
*All information about the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards credit card has been collected independently by CreditCards.com and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
The editorial content on this page is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. It has not been provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
On this page
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express: Best for Disney+ and other subscriptions
- Citi Custom Cash Card: Best for streaming superfans
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for a few streaming services
- Citi Double Cash Credit Card: Best for flat-rate cash back
- Comparing the best credit cards for Disney+
- How to choose the best credit card for Disney+