A new offering from Chase and Tock lets Ultimate Rewards cardholders earn and redeem points while enjoying exclusive dining experiences at restaurants worldwide or from the comfort of home.
Many Chase credit cards already offer terrific perks for restaurant lovers, including bonus rewards on dining and discounted food delivery service subscriptions – but a new Ultimate Rewards program should give foodies even more reason to rejoice: Chase Dining.
Powered by Tock, a leading global restaurant reservation platform, Chase Dining is a new dining hub available to Chase Freedom, Sapphire and Ink card members. With Chase Dining, you can browse and book reservations and unique dining experiences across Tock’s vast network of restaurants, wineries and culinary pop-ups, all from your Ultimate Rewards account or Chase mobile app.
You can also use Ultimate Rewards points to pay for any purchase in the Chase Dining hub, and if you’re a Sapphire cardholder, you’ll get access to exclusive virtual dining experiences.
Read on to learn more about this new offer from Chase and Tock and to see how to make the most of the Chase Dining portal.
See related: Best credit cards for dining
Chase partners with Tock for new Chase Dining portal
Similar to platforms like OpenTable and Resy, Tock is focused primarily on fine-dining and local restaurants. Users can book reservations and unique dining experiences at over 4,000 restaurants across 200 cities and 30 countries worldwide.
As a Chase Freedom, Sapphire or Ink cardholder, you’ll get access to Chase cardmember tables and can book straight from your Ultimate Rewards account.
You can also order takeout through the Tock To Go service – a prepaid restaurant meal platform launched during the pandemic to help dine-in restaurants adapt to the new landscape – or find fresh produce, meats and more via Tock’s Pasture, Produce, & Purveyors network. The latter service offers nationwide delivery and local pick-up and delivery of everything from farm-fresh fruits and vegetables to spices and prime meats.
Chase Freedom, Sapphire or Ink cardholders can simply navigate to the Chase Dining section of their Ultimate Rewards account and choose between a reservation, to-go order or Pasture, Produce, & Purveyors food pick-up or delivery.
You can then select your restaurant or food service provider to view menus, book a table or set an order pick-up time and see prices and fees in both U.S. dollars and Ultimate Rewards points.
Pay with points
For the first time, Sapphire, Freedom and Ink cardholders can also pay for dining experiences using Ultimate Rewards points, their Chase credit card or a combination of the two. Plus, if you pay with an eligible card that offers bonus rewards on dining – like any of the Chase Sapphire or Freedom cards – you’ll still earn your extra points.
Even better, through September 30, 2021, your points may be worth more when redeemed for dining booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders can enjoy a redemption value of 1.25 cents per point, while Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders get a 1.5-cent-per-point value.
See related: What are Chase Ultimate Rewards points worth?
Sapphire at Home Dining Series
If you’re a Sapphire Reserve or Sapphire Preferred cardholder, you’ll also get access to the Sapphire at Home Dining Series. An expansion of Chase’s long-standing Sapphire Private Dining Series, Sapphire at Home allows you to purchase or redeem points toward exclusive, interactive virtual culinary events.
Ranging in price from $25 to $200, Sapphire at Home dining events let you enjoy unique demonstrations, conversations, behind-the-scenes tours and more from renowned chefs, restaurateurs, mixologists and farmers. This allows you to not just enjoy a meal, but also get insight into the story behind it, all from the comfort of home. The boosted Ultimate Rewards point redemption value applies to these offers as well.
All Sapphire at Home proceeds are matched by Chase and donated to World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit working to empower communities and strengthen economies through the power of food.
Chase cards eligible for Chase Dining
Wondering if your Chase card makes the cut? Along with offering ongoing rewards on dining or perks for restaurant-lovers, the following cards unlock access to the Chase Dining hub:
- Chase Freedom Flex℠: Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter (upon enrollment, on up to $1,500 in spending per quarter, then 1%), 5% on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstore purchases and 1% on other purchases.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Earn 5% back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstore purchases and 1.5% on other purchases.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Earn 3 points per dollar on travel and restaurant purchases (excluding purchases covered by the card’s $300 travel credit) and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: Earn 2 points per dollar on travel and restaurant purchases and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card: Earn 5% back on internet, cable and phone services and at office supply stores (on up to $25,000 in purchases per year), plus 2% on gas and dining (on up to $25,000 in purchases per year) and 1% on all other purchases
- Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Earn 3 points per dollar on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone services and advertising purchases (on up to $150,000 in combined purchases yearly) and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card: Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
See related: Best Chase Ultimate Rewards cards
While the new Chase Dining hub is a niche offering geared toward foodies who prefer to order from fine-dining establishments and local restaurants, it offers Chase Freedom, Sapphire and Ink cardholders a great opportunity to earn and redeem rewards on unique dining experiences while supporting businesses hard hit by the pandemic.
Since there’s no sign-up or opt-in required, you can get started right away from your Chase Ultimate Rewards account, and you can even enjoy a limited-time boost to the value of your points when you redeem for Chase Dining purchases with a Chase Sapphire card.
See related: Earn more Ultimate Rewards with the Chase trifecta