CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
- Intro Bonus
- 40,000 miles 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Reward Rates
- 2X Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- 2X Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United
- 1X 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 18.49% - 25.49% (Variable)
- Annual Fee
- $0 Intro for First Year, then $95
- 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $120 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
4 out of 5
Our take: If you are a United Airlines loyalist, the United Explorer card is an excellent tool to get some extra miles outside of flying.