- To apply for a Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card, you must first open a Chime Checking Account and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more.
- The qualifying direct deposit must be from your employer, payroll provider, gig economy payer, or benefits payer by Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit OR Original Credit Transaction (OCT).
- The Chime Credit Builder Card is a secured credit card that can help consumers build credit history. It has no interest*, no annual fees, no credit check to apply, and no minimum security deposit required**
- Help build your credit history with your own money. The money you move into the Credit Builder secured account is the amount you can spend on your card (no minimum deposit required**). Turn on Safer Credit Building** and have your monthly balance automatically paid on time. Chime will report your activities to Transunion®. Experian®. and Equifax®.
- Use your secured Credit Builder card everywhere VISA is accepted, including on everyday purchases, such as gas and groceries.
- *No Interest: Out of network ATM withdrawal fees and over the counter advance fees may apply. See here for details.
- **No Minimum Security Deposit: Money added to Credit Builder will be held in a secured account as collateral for your Credit Builder Visa card, which means you can spend up to this amount on your card. This is money you can use to pay off your charges at the end of every month.
- Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by The Bancorp Bank, N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC. The secured Chime Credit Builder Visa® Credit Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
- To apply for Credit Builder, you must have received a single qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more to your Chime Checking Account. The qualifying direct deposit must be from your employer, payroll provider, gig economy payer, or benefits payer by Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit OR Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Bank ACH transfers, Pay Anyone transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, peer to peer transfers from services such as PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo, mobile check deposits, cash loads or deposits, one-time direct deposits, such as tax refunds and other similar transactions, and any deposit to which Chime deems to not be a qualifying direct deposit are not qualifying direct deposits.
- **Safer Credit Building - On-time payment history may have a positive impact on your credit score. Late payment may negatively impact your credit score. Chime will report your activities to Transunion®, Experian®, and Equifax®. Impact on your credit may vary, as Credit scores are independently determined by credit bureaus based on a number of factors including the financial decisions you make with other financial services organizations.
4.2 out of 5
Our take: This card offers a simple, low-cost way to build credit, but it's missing benefits like a rewards program and the opportunity to upgrade to an unsecured card.