CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
CCDC has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover and Wells Fargo.
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 26.99% (Variable)
- Annual Fee
- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- Access to an authorized bank account is required to make your $49, $99 or $200 refundable security deposit
- Make the minimum required security deposit and you'll get an initial credit line of $200. Plus, deposit more money before your account opens to get a higher credit line
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time with no additional deposit needed
- Easily manage your account 24/7 with online access, by phone or using our mobile app
- It's a credit card accepted at millions of locations worldwide
3.4 out of 5
Our take: Despite the lack of a rewards program, the Capital One Secured Mastercard’s low security deposit, reasonable fees and shorter pathway to a higher credit line makes it a good option for credit-building consumers.