- Intro Bonus
- Earn 60,000 bonus milesEarn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- Reward Rates
- 2XEarn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United® purchases
- 2XEarn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
- 1X1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 21.99% - 28.99% Variable
- Annual Fee
- $0 Intro for First Year, then $95.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United® purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS fee credit
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks when you pay with your Explorer Card
- Free first checked bag - a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip. Terms Apply.
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year
- Member FDIC
- Excellent Credit
- Good Credit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
3.9 out of 5
Our take: Thanks to its solid sign-up bonus, the United Explorer Card makes it easy to earn a free flight quickly; but you’ll have to fly United often to make up for the card’s $95 annual fee (waived for the first year).