- Intro Bonus
- Cashback Match™Intro Offer: Unlimited Cashback Match - only from Discover. Discover will automatically match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year! There's no minimum spending or maximum rewards. Just a dollar-for-dollar match.
- Reward Rates
- 2%Earn 2% cash back at Gas Stations and Restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.
- 1%Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 10.99% for 6 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- Regular APR
- 23.24% Variable
- Annual Fee
- No credit score required to apply.*
- No Annual Fee, earn cash back, and build your credit with responsible use.
- Using your secured credit card helps build a credit history with the three major credit bureaus. Generally, prepaid and debit cards can't do that.
- Establish your credit line with your tax return by providing a refundable security deposit of at least $200. That means a $200 deposit for a $200 credit line. Or a $500 deposit for a $500 credit line. Bank information must be provided when submitting your deposit, and the security deposit equals your credit limit.
- Automatic reviews starting at 7 months to see if we can transition you to an unsecured line of credit and return your deposit.*
- Earn 2% cash back at Gas Stations and Restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Click "Apply Now" to see rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
- Cash Back
- Free Credit Score
- Mobile Pay Ready
- No Annual Fee
- No Credit History
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Poor Credit
- Secured credit card
- Zero Fraud Liability
4.1 out of 5
Our take: The Discover it Secured Credit Card is one of your best bets if you're looking for a card to help you build credit – it doesn’t charge an annual fee, plus you can make a profit in the first year thanks to the card’s cash back program.