CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
CCDC has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Discover and Wells Fargo.
- Intro Bonus
- $150 Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Reward Rates
- 1.5% Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 0% on balance transfers for 15 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- 0% on purchases for 15 months
- Regular APR
- 14.49%-25.49% Variable
- Annual Fee
- Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.49% to 25.49%.
- 0% introductory plan fee for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
- Over 3 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017 and 2018.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
2.9 out of 5
Our take: The 1.5 rewards rate on the American Express Cash Magnet card is nothing special, but the introductory offer is a nice bit of extra pocket change.