CreditCards.com is an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditCards.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. CreditCards.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.
- Intro Bonus
- $150 Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Reward Rates
- 5% Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter.
- 1% Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- Balance Transfers Intro APR
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months
- Purchases Intro APR
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months
- Regular APR
- 16.49% - 25.24% Variable
- Annual Fee
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.49-25.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
Our take: The Chase Freedom credit card is a well-rounded cash back card, and a great card to have in conjunction with other Chase cards from the Ultimate Rewards family.