|Rewards Rating:||3 / 5|
|Annual Percentage Rate:||3.6|
|Issuer Customer Experience||3.3|
In a Nutshell:
The Citi Rewards+ Card is a valuable no-annual-fee card that rewards users for everyday purchases. While the rewards rate might not seem as high as similar cards, unique features make it easy to rack up flexible ThankYou points.
Average Yearly Rewards Value ($1,325 monthly spend)
Citi Customer Service Ratings
Other Notable Features: Access to presale tickets and VIP experiences with Citi Private Pass, extended warranty
Designed with the spending patterns of the average consumer in mind, the Citi Rewards+ Card lets cardholders earn good rewards on the purchases they already make. With a bonus category for gas station and supermarket purchases and a unique feature that rounds points earned on every purchase up to the nearest 10, users can rack up rewards on everyday errands.
Average rewards rate
At first glance, the rewards rate on the Citi Rewards+ Card doesn’t seem too impressive, even for a no annual fee card. The bonus category for gas station and supermarket purchases only earns cardholders 2 ThankYou Points per dollar. Other no annual fee cards, such as the Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card* or Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card* offer 3 percent cash back or 3 points per dollar on similar bonus categories.
While the Citi Rewards+ might not have the most lucrative bonus category rewards rate, it comes with other unique features that boost the overall rewards earning potential.
Unique round up feature
One of the most valuable features of the Citi Rewards+ Card is the round up feature, which rounds ThankYou points earned on every purchase up to the nearest 10. So instead of a $12 movie ticket earning you 12 points, it will earn you 20.
This drastically increases the rewards value of the card and makes it a great choice for everyday spending. Even small purchases like your morning cup of coffee have the potential to earn you significant rewards.
Bonus for redeeming ThankYou points
In addition to the round up feature, the Citi Rewards+ Card awards users 10 percent back on the ThankYou points they redeem, up to 100,000 points per year. If you spend $1,325 per month on your card and redeem all the points you earn each year, that comes out to an additional 2,200 points every year.
So-so sign-up bonus
The Citi Rewards+ Card offers a sign-up bonus of 15,000 ThankYou points if you spend $1,000 in the first three months, redeemable for $150 in gift cards. While this is a decent sign-up bonus for a no annual fee card, both the Bank of America Cash Rewards and Wells Fargo Propel have more generous offers.
Flexible point redemption
The Citi Rewards+ Card earns ThankYou points, which can be redeemed in several ways, including for travel purchases, gift cards and merchandise. Travel can be booked through the ThankYou Travel Portal, or points can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to travel partners.
Decent introductory APR
The Citi Rewards+ Card also includes a 0 percent introductory APR offer on both balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months (13.49 percent to 23.49 percent variable thereafter). This makes it easy to avoid interest charges if you need to pay down some debt or make a large purchase to pay off over time in the first year.
Citi Rewards+ Card benefits
In addition to a great rewards program, the Citi Rewards+ Card comes with a few other benefits that make it a valuable addition to your wallet.
- Citi Private Pass– This perk gets cardholders exclusive access to presale tickets and VIP experiences for all sorts of events, including concerts and sporting events.
- Damage and theft protection– If an item you purchased with your Citi Rewards+ Card or ThankYou points is damaged or stolen in the first 90 days, Citi might repair or reimburse you for the item ($10,000 maximum coverage).
- Extended warranty– Extends the manufacturer’s warranty by two years (with total coverage not exceeding seven years).
Why get the Citi Rewards+ Card?
- You’re looking for a straightforward rewards program that earns points on everyday purchases.
- You don’t want to keep track of rotating bonus categories.
- You make plenty of small purchases on your card and can take advantage of the round up feature.
- You need to make a balance transfer but don’t want to sacrifice rewards.
How to use the Citi Rewards+ Card:
- Use the card for all your day-to-day transactions (especially small purchases like your morning coffee or lunch) to boost your rewards rate with the round up feature.
- Redeem your ThankYou points often to receive 10 percent back on up to 100,000 points a year.
- Use the card on gas and grocery purchases to take advantage of the bonus category.
- Pay off large balances during the first 15 months to avoid interest charges.
*All information about the Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card and Wells Fargo Propel American Express card has been collected independently by CreditCards.com and has not been reviewed by the issuer. This card is no longer available through CreditCards.com.
Our reviews and best card recommendations are based on an objective rating process and are not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
All reviews are prepared by CreditCards.com staff. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer and have not been reviewed or approved by any advertiser. The information, including card rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Check the data at the top of this page and the bank’s website for the most current information.
Responses to comments in the discussion section below are not provided, reviewed, approved, endorsed or commissioned by our financial partners. It is not our partner’s responsibility to ensure all posts or questions are answered.
Partner Offer: Citi is an advertising partner