Video: What is Creditcards.com?
How to use our credit card comparison tools
CreditCards.com is a credit card comparison site, with tools to help you find the perfect card that fits your credit profile and meets your needs, whether it’s racking up points for travel, building your credit or having no interest for a year to pay down debt.
How CreditCards.com works is once you look through the different tabs that categorize the perks each card offers and you find the right one for you, you can then hit apply and be taken directly and safely to the card issuer’s website, where you can complete your application.
Tip for a successful card-finding mission:
- Check the recommended credit score in our card description, so you don’t take a credit hit applying for a card you don’t qualify for.
- Read through the terms and conditions and read the reviews we offer for the various cards. The reviews we have are written by experts and tell you the pros and cons of the card you want, so you know what you’re signing up for before applying.
- Think through what you need most before applying. Maybe you love to travel and want a lot of points, but you have thousands of dollars of debt on a high-interest credit card you’re having trouble paying off. At this point, a zero-interest balance transfer card might be a wiser decision. Once you have your debt under control, you can then choose a travel rewards card with a hefty sign-on bonus.
Every time you apply for a credit card, your credit takes a hit. That’s why creditcards.com gives you all the tools you need to make an informed decision to find the right card the first time around. So, next time you get a card offer in the mail, check out creditcards.com first and make sure it's the kind of card you actually need and there aren’t better offers out there for whatever perk you are looking for.
CreditCards.com also has a wealth of information on credit and debt, so you can watch our videos, read our stories or listen to our podcasts and learn how to master the tricky world of good credit.
- Video: Maximizing train travel through Europe – Trains are one of the best ways to explore Europe. They’re central, reliable and well-connected. But, before you board, make sure you're getting the best deal and the most points for your journey ...
- How to cut credit card interest costs – Paying just a little more than your credit card's monthly minimum payment makes a big difference ...
- Video: Maximizing points with off-peak travel – Peak season varies depending on where you want to travel. Make your points go further by booking travel during low season ...