Video: What is Creditcards.com?
How to use our credit card comparison tools
CreditCards.com is a credit card comparison site, with tools to help you find the perfect card that fits your credit profile and meets your needs, whether it’s racking up points for travel, building your credit or having no interest for a year to pay down debt.
How CreditCards.com works is once you look through the different tabs that categorize the perks each card offers and you find the right one for you, you can then hit apply and be taken directly and safely to the card issuer’s website, where you can complete your application.
Tip for a successful card-finding mission:
- Check the recommended credit score in our card description, so you don’t take a credit hit applying for a card you don’t qualify for.
- Read through the terms and conditions and read the reviews we offer for the various cards. The reviews we have are written by experts and tell you the pros and cons of the card you want, so you know what you’re signing up for before applying.
- Think through what you need most before applying. Maybe you love to travel and want a lot of points, but you have thousands of dollars of debt on a high-interest credit card you’re having trouble paying off. At this point, a zero-interest balance transfer card might be a wiser decision. Once you have your debt under control, you can then choose a travel rewards card with a hefty sign-on bonus.
Every time you apply for a credit card, your credit takes a hit. That’s why creditcards.com gives you all the tools you need to make an informed decision to find the right card the first time around. So, next time you get a card offer in the mail, check out creditcards.com first and make sure it's the kind of card you actually need and there aren’t better offers out there for whatever perk you are looking for.
CreditCards.com also has a wealth of information on credit and debt, so you can watch our videos, read our stories or listen to our podcasts and learn how to master the tricky world of good credit.
- Video: What are credit card grace periods? – If you pay your credit card balance in full and on time each month, interest does not start charging immediately on new purchases. This is called a grace period. Let’s see why grace periods are so awesome ...
- Video: Four times to open a new card – Getting bogged down with card offers but not sure about adding more plastic to your wallet? Here are four times we think you should definitely take the plunge ...
- Video: Hidden credit card perks – You know about the bonus, you know about points -- but your card may offer other perks if you know what they are and use them when you need to ...