Video: What is Creditcards.com?
How to use our credit card comparison tools
By Dustin Smith | Published: February 23, 2017
CreditCards.com is a credit card comparison site, with tools to help you find the perfect card that fits your credit profile and meets your needs, whether it’s racking up points for travel, building your credit or having no interest for a year to pay down debt.
How CreditCards.com works is once you look through the different tabs that categorize the perks each card offers and you find the right one for you, you can then hit apply and be taken directly and safely to the card issuer’s website, where you can complete your application.
Tip for a successful card-finding mission:
- Check the recommended credit score in our card description, so you don’t take a credit hit applying for a card you don’t qualify for.
- Read through the terms and conditions and read the reviews we offer for the various cards. The reviews we have are written by experts and tell you the pros and cons of the card you want, so you know what you’re signing up for before applying.
- Think through what you need most before applying. Maybe you love to travel and want a lot of points, but you have thousands of dollars of debt on a high-interest credit card you’re having trouble paying off. At this point, a zero-interest balance transfer card might be a wiser decision. Once you have your debt under control, you can then choose a travel rewards card with a hefty sign-on bonus.
Every time you apply for a credit card, your credit takes a hit. That’s why creditcards.com gives you all the tools you need to make an informed decision to find the right card the first time around. So, next time you get a card offer in the mail, check out creditcards.com first and make sure it's the kind of card you actually need and there aren’t better offers out there for whatever perk you are looking for.
CreditCards.com also has a wealth of information on credit and debt, so you can watch our videos, read our stories or listen to our podcasts and learn how to master the tricky world of good credit.
- Video: How closing your card affects your credit score – With big sign-on bonuses tempting you towards new cards, you may wonder if it’s time to close out cards you no longer use. If you do plan on closing a credit card or two, be sure to follow these tips to keep your credit score in check ...
- Fashion meets mobile payments in the dressing room of the future – Mastercard and Marie Claire are unveiling the dressing room of the future, where consumers will be able to shop and pay using a "smart mirror." ...
- Video: 4 credit card reward hacks – Here are four of our favorite hacks to help you get the most out of every dollar you spend ...