Video: Black Friday survival guide
Deep discounts, large crowds: Use these six tips to survive the madness
Black Friday means deep discounts, large crowds and hectic environments.
These six tips will help you survive the madness and score big savings.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
Bring a limited number of credit cards or use cash to ensure you stick to your budget.
2. Give preference to big-ticket items.
You’re likely to save more money on that high-end TV than you will on a new pair of shoes.
3. Open a travel rewards credit card.
Your shopping spree will help you meet the minimum spending requirement for a sign-up bonus.
4. Check store price-matching policies.
Shop less crowded stores that will price-match the same items found at busier stores.
5. Use a credit card that offers price protection.
Some card issuers offer a refund for already-purchased items when that item goes on sale.
6. Stay home.
Most Black Friday deals are available online, and you often can save even more by using your credit card shopping portal.
- Video: Maximizing train travel through Europe – Trains are one of the best ways to explore Europe. They’re central, reliable and well-connected. But, before you board, make sure you're getting the best deal and the most points for your journey ...
- How to cut credit card interest costs – Paying just a little more than your credit card's monthly minimum payment makes a big difference ...
- Video: Maximizing points with off-peak travel – Peak season varies depending on where you want to travel. Make your points go further by booking travel during low season ...