Video: Black Friday survival guide
Deep discounts, large crowds: Use these six tips to survive the madness
Black Friday means deep discounts, large crowds and hectic environments.
These six tips will help you survive the madness and score big savings.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
Bring a limited number of credit cards or use cash to ensure you stick to your budget.
2. Give preference to big-ticket items.
You’re likely to save more money on that high-end TV than you will on a new pair of shoes.
3. Open a travel rewards credit card.
Your shopping spree will help you meet the minimum spending requirement for a sign-up bonus.
4. Check store price-matching policies.
Shop less crowded stores that will price-match the same items found at busier stores.
5. Use a credit card that offers price protection.
Some card issuers offer a refund for already-purchased items when that item goes on sale.
6. Stay home.
Most Black Friday deals are available online, and you often can save even more by using your credit card shopping portal.
- Video: 4 times you should close a card – Here are four times you should consider closing a card, even if it means dinging your credit score ...
- Video: What are credit card grace periods? – If you pay your credit card balance in full and on time each month, interest does not start charging immediately on new purchases. This is called a grace period. Let’s see why grace periods are so awesome ...
- Video: Four times to open a new card – Getting bogged down with card offers but not sure about adding more plastic to your wallet? Here are four times we think you should definitely take the plunge ...