Video: Black Friday survival guide
Deep discounts, large crowds: Use these six tips to survive the madness
Black Friday means deep discounts, large crowds and hectic environments.
These six tips will help you survive the madness and score big savings.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
Bring a limited number of credit cards or use cash to ensure you stick to your budget.
2. Give preference to big-ticket items.
You’re likely to save more money on that high-end TV than you will on a new pair of shoes.
3. Open a travel rewards credit card.
Your shopping spree will help you meet the minimum spending requirement for a sign-up bonus.
4. Check store price-matching policies.
Shop less crowded stores that will price-match the same items found at busier stores.
5. Use a credit card that offers price protection.
Some card issuers offer a refund for already-purchased items when that item goes on sale.
6. Stay home.
Most Black Friday deals are available online, and you often can save even more by using your credit card shopping portal.
- Video: The perfect Valentine's Day on points – Rich in points, short on cash? We'll show you how to plan the perfect Valentine's Day with your credit card rewards ...
- Video: Holiday credit card perks – As you splurge on holiday gifts for friends and family, be sure to take advantage of the extra credit cards perks available during the holiday season ...
- Video: Planning for a baby with the right card – Babies bring love, joy - and bills. Strategize early how you’ll pay those bills to make the transition easier and help you bank some much-needed credit card rewards in the process ...