Video: Black Friday survival guide
Deep discounts, large crowds: Use these six tips to survive the madness
Black Friday means deep discounts, large crowds and hectic environments.
These six tips will help you survive the madness and score big savings.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
Bring a limited number of credit cards or use cash to ensure you stick to your budget.
2. Give preference to big-ticket items.
You’re likely to save more money on that high-end TV than you will on a new pair of shoes.
3. Open a travel rewards credit card.
Your shopping spree will help you meet the minimum spending requirement for a sign-up bonus.
4. Check store price-matching policies.
Shop less crowded stores that will price-match the same items found at busier stores.
5. Use a credit card that offers price protection.
Some card issuers offer a refund for already-purchased items when that item goes on sale.
6. Stay home.
Most Black Friday deals are available online, and you often can save even more by using your credit card shopping portal.
- Video: Reap rewards for holiday decorations – From ghoulish ghosts to a wonderland of lights, if you plan to make your home shine bright this decorating season make sure your rewards cards pitch in with the cost ...
- Video: How closing your card affects your credit score – With big sign-on bonuses tempting you towards new cards, you may wonder if it’s time to close out cards you no longer use. If you do plan on closing a credit card or two, be sure to follow these tips to keep your credit score in check ...
- Fashion meets mobile payments in the dressing room of the future – Mastercard and Marie Claire are unveiling the dressing room of the future, where consumers will be able to shop and pay using a "smart mirror." ...