Black Friday means deep discounts, large crowds, and hectic environments. Use these tips to help you survive the madness.
These six tips will help you survive the madness and score big savings.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
Bring a limited number of credit cards or use cash to ensure you stick to your budget.
2. Give preference to big-ticket items.
You’re likely to save more money on that high-end TV than you will on a new pair of shoes.
3. Open a travel rewards credit card.
Your shopping spree will help you meet the minimum spending requirement for a sign-up bonus.
4. Check store price-matching policies.
Shop less crowded stores that will price-match the same items found at busier stores.
5. Use a credit card that offers price protection.
Some card issuers offer a refund for already-purchased items when that item goes on sale.
6. Stay home.
Most Black Friday deals are available online, and you often can save even more by using your credit card shopping portal.