See a list of United Airlines partners for opportunities to earn and redeem United miles and use your elite status benefits.
As a United MileagePlus member, you have the potential to earn miles each time you fly with United Airlines or its 28 separate airline partners within the Star Alliance. To offer even more opportunities to earn miles, United also cooperates with 11 worldwide partners, such as Hawaiian Airlines, Cape Air and Eurowings.
If you’re angling to earn free flights, upgrades and more, it’s smart to figure out the best ways to use United MileagePlus miles to your advantage.
See related: Best airline credit cards
Why should you get this card?
With a generous sign-up bonus, the United Explorer Card makes it easy to earn a free flight quickly. If you fly United often, it is easy to make up for the card’s $95 annual fee (waived first year).
|More things to know: |
Here’s a rundown of United Airlines partners:
Book award flights with these United Star Alliance partners:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air India
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Egypt Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Swiss International Airlines
- TAP Portugal
- THAI Airways
- Turkish Airlines
Other United airline partners
- Aer Lingus
- Air Dolomiti
- Boutique Air
- Cape Air
- Edelweiss Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Juneyao Airlines
- Olympic Air
- Silver Airways
Here’s how the benefits of Star Alliance elite status break down:
Earning miles through United partners
While you can earn miles flying with United Airlines and its partners, there are numerous other ways to rack up miles for free flights. The number of miles you’ll earn with hotels, rental car companies and other partners will depend on the promotion and can vary throughout the year.
Here’s a list of the most popular United partners and how many miles you can expect to earn:
United hotel partners
- Marriott Bonvoy: Earn 1-2 miles per dollar at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- Hilton Honors: Convert Hilton Honors points to United miles at a rate of 10,000 points to 1,000 miles.
- IHG Rewards Club: Earn 2 United miles and 5 IHG Rewards Club points at participating IHG properties. Earn 1 United mile and 5 IHG Rewards Club points at Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites and international IHG properties.
- Radisson Rewards: Earn points on your stays at participating Radisson properties. Rewards rate varies.
- World of Hyatt: Earn 500 miles per stay at participating Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties.
- Choice Privileges: Earn 250 miles per stay at participating Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, Mainstay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotels, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn and Ascend Hotel Collection properties.
- Wyndham: Earn up to 2 miles per dollar on stays at participating Wyndham hotels.
- Golden Circle: Earn 500 miles per stay at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Traders Hotel and Kerry Hotels.
United transportation partners
|Hertz||Up to 2,750 miles per rental|
|Dollar Car Rental||50 miles per day or 500 miles per rental|
|Thrifty Car rental||50 miles per day or 500 miles per rental|
|GroundLink||200 miles per ride|
|SuperShuttle||50 miles per one-way ride|
|ExecuCar||150 miles per one-way ride|
|Carmel||Up to 2 miles per dollar plus 50 to 100 bonus miles|
Other United partners
|Lending Club||Up to 40,000 miles|
|Quicken Loans||Up to 25,000 miles|
|LifeLock||Up to 13,000 miles|
|1-800 Flowers||15 miles per dollar|
|United Cruises||Up to 100,000 miles|
While the United MileagePlus program is valuable on its own, its robust selection of partners makes earning and redeeming miles an even more lucrative proposition. The fact that your elite status transfers to partner airlines can also make air travel much more comfortable and rewarding.
Before you book a flight with United Airlines, check to see whether you could be securing a better redemption rate by flying with a partner airline. Depending on where you’re flying, it’s possible you could spend fewer United miles for a flight with a partner while enjoying the same elite status benefits.
Also make sure you’re taking advantage of point-earning opportunities with United MileagePlus hotel, transportation and business partners. Since you could earn tens of thousands of miles booking cruises, hotels and rental cars or using the services of one of their partners, it’s always worth checking when you make a purchase online.
See Related: How much are United miles worth?, Best United Airlines credit cards, 12 ways to earn United miles, Best ways to redeem United miles, United Airlines elite status benefits, A guide to United Club lounges, How to book a United flight with miles, United MileagePlus Shopping guide