New Southwest card launches with 65,000-point bonus
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Update: This offer is no longer available through our site as of Aug. 22, 2018.
Chase has added a new card to its Southwest Airlines portfolio – the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card. Along with offering a 2-point bonus on Southwest Airlines and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partners and 1 point per dollar on everything else, the card features a limited-time sign-up bonus offer: Cardholders who sign-up between July 19 and Aug. 22, 2018, can earn 40,000 points when they spend $1,000 in the first three months and an additional 25,000 points when they spend $15,000 in the first year – for a total of 65,000 bonus points.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card also offers the following benefits:
- 7,500 bonus points on your card anniversary
- $75 Southwest annual travel credit
- 20 percent back on inflight purchases, including drinks, Wi-Fi, messages and movies
- 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for every $10,000 you spend – up to 15,000 TQPs
- Points earned count toward the Companion Pass
- No foreign transaction fees
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card details
|Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card|
Why use it?
Southwest Airlines loyalists who want to earn a large amount of rewards to use toward free flights and/or the companion pass can benefit from the Priority card’s generous bonuses. In addition to receiving 65,000 bonus points after reaching the required spend threshold, cardholders can earn an extra 7,500 points each year on their account anniversary.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
Earn Tier Qualifying Points
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card allows cardholders to earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 they spend – up to 15,000 TQPs per year. The tier statuses offer the following airline perks:
|Status||A-List Status||A-List Preferred Status|
|Required earn in a calendar year||25 one-way qualifying flights or 35,000 TQPs||50 one-way qualifying flights or 70,000 TQPs|
Can you apply?
If you currently have a Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus or Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card, you may be eligible to upgrade to the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card; however, you will not be eligible to receive the card’s sign-up bonus.
If you are a new applicant who is interested in receiving the Priority card’s promotional sign-up bonus offer, be sure to apply by Aug. 22, 2018.
- Discover’s new business card pays 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase – The Discover it Business card is a great option for business owners who want a straightforward approach to earning rewards. In addition to offering 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, the card matches all the cash back you earn in the first year ...
- Coming soon: Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Banking – On the heels of the Sapphire Banking launch, Chase has unveiled plans to launch an exclusive offer to Chase Sapphire cardholders sometime in October 2018 ...
- 12 ways to earn Marriott points – Get an overview of the 12 best ways to earn Marriott points quickly ...