Sears’ new Shop Your Way card includes 5 percent gas bonus
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Citi and Sears have announced the launch of the Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way. The new card includes an expansion of Sears’ “5-3-2-1” rewards offer, which they ran temporarily over the holidays. Starting Feb. 1, 2017, new cardholders can take advantage of the 5-3-2-1 rewards program on a complimentary basis for 12 months.
"We are delighted to partner with Sears Holdings and announce the Sears Mastercard with the Shop Your Way offer," stated Bill Johnson, chief executive officer of Citi Retail Services. "This attractive rewards offer will deliver high value for customers with every purchase, anywhere they choose to shop."
Earning more Shop Your Way points
The Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way offers cardholders the ability to earn rewards on every purchase, based on the following 5-3-2-1 rewards model:
- 5 points per dollar on eligible gas stations purchases.
- 3 points per dollar on eligible grocery store and restaurant purchases.
- $10,000 limit on combined purchases for gas station, grocery store and restaurant bonuses -- 1 point per dollar on purchases in these categories thereafter.
- 2 points per dollar on eligible Sears and Kmart purchases.
- 1 point per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
These rewards points can be instantly redeemed for savings on a variety of purchases -- ranging from small ticket items, such as fast food, to large items, such as kitchen appliances from Sears, Kmart, Sears.com, Kmart.com and shopyourway.com.
In addition to the 5-3-2-1 rewards program, the Sears Mastercard offers a variety of built-in benefits, including no annual fee, special financing offers at Sears and Kmart, exclusive savings events, EMV technology, $0 fraud liability and identity theft solutions.
Delivering greater value
Sears and Citi initially launched the 5-3-2-1 Shop Your Way offer for Sears Mastercard holders as a limited-time promotion in November 2016. This allowed the more than 5 million existing Sears Mastercard holders to participate in the offer and earn more points during the holiday season.
“The initial public response for the Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way has been very strong based on the waiting list of prospective cardholders created for this innovative offer. We look forward to building on this momentum for our Shop Your Way ecosystem and adding new ways for our members to earn rewards and make their lives easier,” stated Edward S. Lampert, chairman and CEO of Sears Holdings.
The newly designed Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way will be issued to existing Sears Mastercard holders beginning in March. New applicants can apply for the offer immediately.
- Chase to launch new Marriott Rewards card with a 100,000-point sign-up bonus – Chase has unveiled plans to launch a new Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card with 100,000 bonus points, 6 points per dollar at Marriott hotels and 2 points per dollar on everything else ...
- Get up to 80,000 bonus points and 10x points on hotel stays with Chase’s new IHG cards – Chase and IHG have added two new products to their credit card portfolio: the IHG Rewards Premier card and the IHG Rewards Club Traveler card ...
- Earn 75,000 miles each year with the new Barclays Arrival Premier card – Read on to see how – by combining the generous rewards rate with the annual bonus – you can earn more than 75,000 miles each year with the new Barclays Arrival Premier World Mastercard ...