Sears’ new Shop Your Way card includes 5 percent gas bonus
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Update: This offer is no longer available.
Citi and Sears have announced the launch of the Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way. The new card includes an expansion of Sears’ “5-3-2-1” rewards offer, which they ran temporarily over the holidays. Starting Feb. 1, 2017, new cardholders can take advantage of the 5-3-2-1 rewards program on a complimentary basis for 12 months.
"We are delighted to partner with Sears Holdings and announce the Sears Mastercard with the Shop Your Way offer," stated Bill Johnson, chief executive officer of Citi Retail Services. "This attractive rewards offer will deliver high value for customers with every purchase, anywhere they choose to shop."
Earning more Shop Your Way points
The Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way offers cardholders the ability to earn rewards on every purchase, based on the following 5-3-2-1 rewards model:
- 5 percent in points on eligible gas stations purchases.
- 3 percent in points on eligible grocery store and restaurant purchases.
- $10,000 limit on combined purchases for gas station, grocery store and restaurant bonuses -- 1 percent in points per dollar on purchases in these categories thereafter.
- 2 percent in points on eligible Sears and Kmart purchases.
- 1 percent in points on all other eligible purchases.
These rewards points can be instantly redeemed for savings on a variety of purchases -- ranging from small ticket items, such as fast food, to large items, such as kitchen appliances from Sears, Kmart, Sears.com, Kmart.com and shopyourway.com.
In addition to the 5-3-2-1 rewards program, the Sears Mastercard offers a variety of built-in benefits, including no annual fee, special financing offers at Sears and Kmart, exclusive savings events, EMV technology, $0 fraud liability and identity theft solutions.
Delivering greater value
Sears and Citi initially launched the 5-3-2-1 Shop Your Way offer for Sears Mastercard holders as a limited-time promotion in November 2016. This allowed the more than 5 million existing Sears Mastercard holders to participate in the offer and earn more points during the holiday season.
“The initial public response for the Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way has been very strong based on the waiting list of prospective cardholders created for this innovative offer. We look forward to building on this momentum for our Shop Your Way ecosystem and adding new ways for our members to earn rewards and make their lives easier,” stated Edward S. Lampert, chairman and CEO of Sears Holdings.
The newly designed Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way will be issued to existing Sears Mastercard holders beginning in March. New applicants can apply for the offer immediately.
- Earn Membership Rewards points on Ebates shopping with new offer – Ebates now lets users sub Membership Rewards for cash back ...
- A guide to the Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards program – Though they get less press than other programs, Go Far Rewards offer solid redemption value and good redemption options -- our guide explains how to make the most of Wells Fargo rewards ...
- 8 ways to earn IHG points – You don't have to stay at an IHG hotel to rack up points ...