Survey shows how moms feel about rewards credit cards
A nationwide poll uncovered some interesting findings regarding how moms use their reward credit cards. The "All About Rewards" survey conducted by Harris Interactive and commissioned by the Disney Rewards Visa Card from Chase found that 41 percent of moms use a rewards credit card, but that many are not redeeming the credit card rewards they have earned. According to the survey, a full 53 percent of mothers who have a rewards credit card have not redeemed their points.
The reason for this? The poll indicated that 55 percent of moms have not redeemed their credit card rewards because they feel they have not earned enough points to get something they want, while 41 percent are waiting for the right time to redeem them. Meanwhile, 31 percent of mothers do not know what rewards their credit card provides.
Additionally, the "All About Rewards" survey found that of moms with a reward card in their wallet:
- 41 percent express dissatisfaction with their reward card program
- 34 percent note that their credit card does not offer the types of rewards their family wants
- 32 percent say they are frustrated by the restrictions the credit card carries -- such as blackout dates, limited availability to use rewards for air travel and hotel rooms, and high point requirements
Jenny Cohen, vice president of consumer relationship marketing for The Walt Disney Company explained that the Disney Rewards Visa Card was designed with no black-out dates and no capacity restrictions since many families value variety and flexibility when it comes to rewards programs. She noted that the card can be used for nearly everything Disney, including toys, DVDs and books, Disney Park tickets, hotel stays, and dining and shopping. Cohen added that the Disney Rewards Visa Card is among the rewards cards specifically created to meet the various needs of today's families by making it easier to redeem what they have earned for "just about everything Disney."
- 9 credit card tips for full-time RVers – Full-time RVers can save money as they wander across the country by choosing the right credit card, budgeting wisely and leveraging loyalty programs and coupons ...
- Ultimate points and miles guide for backpackers – Budget travelers who know how to make the most of their credit card rewards programs can save on outdoor excursions, get free stays in hostels while in Europe or score free gear for their Appalachian Trail hiking trip ...
- 5 great no-annual-fee cards for travel – There are several no-annual-fee rewards cards that offer cash back on travel-related spending or can help you rack up points for future trips ...