Cathay Pacific Airlines and Synchrony Bank have teamed up to release a credit card geared toward U.S. travelers.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Cathay Pacific Airlines and Synchrony Bank have teamed up to release a credit card geared toward U.S. travelers. The newly launched Cathay Pacific Visa Signature card allows cardholders to earn a variety of rewards, including 25,000 bonus Asia Miles after spending $2,500 in the first 90 days of opening an account.
Stephen S. Y. Wong, CEO of Asia Miles, stated, “Collaborating with our long-term airline partner Cathay Pacific on the introduction of this credit card allows us to offer U.S. members more opportunities to earn miles through their everyday spending, apart from traveling, which further enhances their reward experiences.”
Earning Asia Miles
- 25,000 Asia Miles after making $2,500 in purchases in the first 90 days of opening an account.
- Two Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases.
- 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on dining worldwide.
- 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the U.S.
- One Asia Mile per $1 spent on all other purchases made in the U.S.
Asia Miles can be redeemed for a variety of travel perks, including flights with Cathay Pacific, oneworld and other partner airlines; hotel reservations at over 60,000 hotels throughout the world; and car rentals in 20 countries. Additionally, card members can redeem miles for everyday goods, such as gift cards, electronics and event tickets through the Asia Miles iShop.
More card benefits
Eric Odone, vice president of sales and marketing for Cathay Pacific in the Americas, stated, “The introduction of this credit card with Synchrony Financial is about further enhancing our ethos of a life well-traveled.”
Additional Cathay Pacific Visa Signature card benefits include:
- No foreign transaction fees — Cardholders are not charged foreign transaction fees for card purchases made while traveling abroad.
- Chip-enabled cards — The card includes an EMV chip that offers increased security when making purchases at chip-card terminals around the world.
- Complimentary membership in the Marco Polo Club — New card members receive complimentary green tier memberships for one year in Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program.
- Visa benefits — Visa benefits include roadside dispatch, emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement.
Odone further explained, “Being able to anticipate and successfully meet our customers’ needs has always been our priority, and we firmly believe the features and reward options of this new credit program will enrich the journeys of all who travel with us.”