Capital One has launched a new Premier Dining Rewards credit card that lets card members earn unlimited cash back rewards on food purchases.
We’ve all got to eat, right? So why not get cash back while doing it? Capital One is offering just that with the launch of the new Premier Dining Rewards credit card, which lets card members earn unlimited cash back rewards on food purchases.
As a Capital One Premier Dining Rewards cardholder, you earn cash back as follows:
- Three percent cash back on dining.
- Two percent cash back on groceries.
- One percent cash back on all other purchases.
Cash back rewards do not expire, and they can be redeemed at any time, for any amount.
More than just a \u2018dining’ card?
While the Capital One Premier Dining Rewards card seems ideal if you plan to eat out a lot, it has much more to offer.
In addition to its rewards program, the card is teeming with benefits, such as:
- $100 sign-up bonus – Receive a one-time bonus of $100 after making $500 in purchases within the first three months of card membership.
- No annual fee – You can enjoy the card’s plethora of travel and purchase benefits without paying a yearly fee.
- No foreign transaction fees – You won’t be charged foreign transaction fees for any purchases made while traveling outside of the U.S. This is a sweet deal for a no-annual-fee card and makes the card ideal for traveling as well as dining out.
The Premier Dining Rewards card also comes with a slew of World Elite Mastercard benefits, including extended warranty protection on purchases, price protection and identity theft resolution services. Cardholders also have access to complimentary concierge services, travel upgrades at no additional charge and travel protection up to $1,500 per trip.
Stacking up against the competition
With the launch of the Premier Dining Rewards card, Capital One joins a select list of cards that offer 3 percent cash back on dining. Although this is a generous offer, it is not the highest cash back offer for dining. The Discover it and Chase Freedom cards will offer a whopping 5 percent cash back at restaurants April through June 2017. However, because the rewards categories for these cards are offered on a rotating, quarterly basis, you can only earn cash back on dining for a few months out of the year.
Other 3 percent cash back offers include the following:
|CREDIT CARDS THAT OFFER 3 PERCENT CASH BACK AT RESTAURANTS|
|Credit card||Cash back||Sign-up bonus||Annual fee|
|Capital One Premier Dining Rewards card||$100 after spending $500 in the first 3 months||$0|
|AARP credit card from Chase||$100 after spending $500 in the first 3 months||$0|
|Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi||None||$0, but $55 for Costco membership|
|Sam’s Club Mastercard||None||$0|
|The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of the offer.|