New Ally Bank app lets customers control charges using their smartphones
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Ally Bank has introduced a new service that allows customers to instantly make changes to their debit card accounts using their smartphones. The feature, known as the “Ally Card Controls app” lets cardholders control their debit card usage by setting control preferences to fit their spending needs.
“Giving Ally Bank customers the ability to proactively control, monitor, and manage card usage with the tap on the Ally Card Controls app provides cardholders peace of mind related to their debit card,” stated Diane Morais, Ally Bank CEO and president. “Consumers want to manage their financial matters anytime from anywhere, and the ability to customize card usage using the Ally Card Controls app is just another example of how we aim to 'Do It Right' for our customers.”
The Ally Card Controls app includes the following features:
- On/off capability -- A cardholder can instantly pause his or her debit card to prevent new charges in the event that the card is lost or stolen. A cardholder can also turn the card back on.
- Spend limits -- A cardholder can manage spending by setting weekly or monthly spending caps for purchases made on his or her debit card.
- Location awareness -- A user can choose to keep his or her card active only when the card is near his or her cellphone or within a preselected region of the map. Consumers can deny charges made outside of the preselected regions, and they are alerted whenever purchases are denied.
- Merchant category and transaction type -- Users can control card usage by enabling or disabling purchases made from specific categories of merchants, such as gas stations, restaurants and travel.
The Ally Card Controls app can be used on Android and Apple mobile devices and is available to checking and money marketing account holders with active debit cards.
- MOGL dining rewards program guide – The MOGL dining rewards program includes a charitable twist and offers easy access to your cash back ...
- New Air France-KLM card offers 25,000 bonus miles – Bank of America and Air France-KLM have partnered to launch a co-branded airline rewards card. Along with its 25,000-mile sign-up bonus, the new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard offers bonus miles on every purchase ...
- Best ways to redeem United miles – Get a full overview on good and bad options for redeeming United miles, including Saver and Everyday Awards, travel, merchandise and more ...