The MOGL dining rewards program includes a charitable twist and offers easy access to your cash back.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Card-linked dining rewards programs offer savvy individuals the chance to earn money and rewards for every dollar they spend on personal and business expenses. While just about every airline or hotel program offers a dining rewards program, for cardholders who don’t deal in airline miles or hotel points, the MOGL rewards program is one of the most company-agnostic dining rewards programs out there.
MOGL offers a whopping 10-percent cash back for dining with any of its partner restaurants when you pay for the meal using a debit card or a credit card linked to your MOGL account. Furthermore, MOGL allows members to allocate a portion of their cash back to charity and donates a meal to someone in need every time a member spends $20 or more at a participating restaurant.
The best thing about the MOGL dining program is that the cash back rewards are earned in addition to any points you may already earn with your credit cards. For instance, a diner could double up on reward by earning 10-percent cash back rewards from MOGL, and paying for the purchase with a dining-friendly credit card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the American Express® Gold Card.
How to use MOGL
Getting started with MOGL is almost as easy as earning rewards through the program:
- Create an account with MOGL. Sign up is free.
- Link a credit or debit card to the MOGL dining program by inputting the card number and expiration date. The system is secure and doesn’t store additional identifying information such as the CVC code.
- Every time you dine at participating MOGL restaurants, just be sure to pay for your meal using a linked debit or credit card in order to qualify for your 10-percent cash back dining rewards.
- In order to find participating restaurants, check Mogl.com or the company’s apps for real-time offers at restaurants near you. The best offers will show up at the top of the page, or you can search by zip code to find the participating restaurants that are closest to your current location.
- The MOGL system will match up your transaction to your linked number and automatically credit your account for the requisite number of points. The process is easy and discreet; even your server won’t know you used the program. You can find a list of participating restaurants through the program website at www.mogl.com.
- That’s it! Just sit back, relax, and watch that cash back roll in. As long as your rewards balance reaches at least $10 that month, the amount you earn will be returned directly to the credit card or debit card used in the form of a statement credit, between the 15th and 25th of the following month. If your balance for the month is less than $10, the amount earned will roll over to the following month and continue until your total is more than $10.
Best Ways to Maximize Rewards with MOGL
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind as you prepare to dine out for a good cause:
Enroll all of your credit cards and debit cards in the MOGL program
Since MOGL links your transactions to your cash back account, you will only earn rewards for purchases made with associated credit or debit cards. Therefore, it makes sense to go the extra mile up-front and add all of your cards at the same time.
Double-dip your earnings by using a card that offers premium dining rewards
It’s always a good idea to have at least one credit card that offers great rewards on restaurants. One of the most popular cards for dining out include the new American Express Gold Card, which offers a generous 4 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants. Other perennial favorites include:
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – 4-percent cash back on dining
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – 3x points on dining
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – 2x points on dining
When paired with the MOGL dining program, these cards effectively offer reward value of up to 16 cents per dollar spent, according to the latest valuations from The Points Guy.
You can opt to donate your earnings
MOGL incorporates a simple, optional philanthropy angle to its program as well. Under Account Settings, users can opt to donate up to a 100 percent of their cash back earnings to a designated charity of their choice.
You can’t pair the same card with both MOGL and Yelp.com
Both MOGL and Yelp use the same cash back partner to manage their dining rewards programs, so you may find yourself unable to link your credit card to the MOGL dining program. In this situation, don’t fret: Simply log into your Yelp account and deactivate the linked credit card, then come back to MOGL and try again.
MOGL offers a monthly jackpot for top spenders
In addition to offering a generous 10-percent cash back as well as a food donation for every member transaction over $20, MOGL sets up a monthly jackpot ranging between $25 to $500, which goes to the member who spends the most at a participating location each month.
MOGL also has a referral program
There’s yet one more way you can earn money through the MOGL program – by referring your friends. Each new member earns $10 in credit just for joining the program through a friend’s referral link. Meanwhile, the referrer earns his or her share of the rewards when the new member completes his or her first dining transaction through MOGL, also in the form of a $10 credit.
MOGL is a fantastic way to step up your rewards game by stretching your dining dollars even further. With uncapped earning potential, you may even find it worthwhile to begin charging company dining expenses to your personal card for corporate reimbursement later. The rewards add up quite quickly, and unlike with some programs, the automatic statement credit goes directly back to your card with no hassle and no fuss.