Our guide to the ShopTrue shopping portal shows you how to earn and maximize TrueBlue points while doing all of your regular online shopping.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Airline miles can make it easy to fly for free, yet far too many people cling to the belief that you can only earn miles through flying. The reality is, you can earn miles without ever flying a single mile.
Also keep in mind that airline points accrued through the portal are doled out on top of points you earn with a rewards credit card. The JetBlue ShopTrue portal is also free to use, so you have nothing to lose by utilizing it as much as you can.
How to use the JetBlue ShopTrue portal
While using a shopping portal to earn points may sound complicated, it’s not difficult or time-consuming at all. When you use a portal like JetBlue ShopTrue, the only additional step involved is clicking through the portal before you make a purchase.
Nothing changes about the transaction itself. You simply need to click through from the JetBlue ShopTrue portal before you shop so that your additional points can be credited to your account when you make your purchase. The only drawback is that you can only earn points in participating stores.
For example, if you wanted to earn extra TrueBlue points on the purchase of a new television, you would head over to the JetBlue ShopTrue portal and look for a store that sells electronics.
Fortunately, there are a wide range of department stores in the portal, ranging from Walmart to Best Buy and Target. Before you purchased the television, you would compare prices at each of these stores as well as the portal earning rate, and then purchase from the retailer that offers the best price and highest number of points for each dollar you spend.
How many points can you earn with the JetBlue ShopTrue portal?
Because offers and promotions change all the time, the number of points you’ll earn on your purchases will vary throughout the year. Every retailer in the store offers a minimum of 1 point for each dollar you spend while some stores offer quite a bit more.
While earning even 1 point per dollar spent through the portal can help you rack up rewards quickly, shopping with retailers with the highest rate of return can help you earn points much faster. With that in mind, it might be smart to check the JetBlue ShopTrue portal periodically to see which retailers are offering the most.
For example, FreeTaxUSA is offering 13 points per dollar as of this writing, and Norton by Symantec (a software safety program) is offering 5 points per dollar. If these bonus earnings aligned with your needs, it would be smart to take advantage.
Also, the portal includes offers for a flat number of points. For example, you can earn 375 points for trying meal delivery service with Blue Apron or 250 points for trying PeaPod grocery delivery service.
Best credit cards to use with JetBlue ShopTrue
While you can earn JetBlue points by shopping through the portal without a credit card, you can double dip and earn more rewards if you pair your purchases with the right rewards credit card. Now that JetBlue is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, there are more cards than ever to choose from.
Before you shop with JetBlue ShopTrue, consider picking up one of these flexible rewards cards or co-branded airline credit cards:
|Credit Card||Rewards for Shopping||Annual Fee|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||1 point per dollar||$95|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card||1 point per dollar||$450|
|JetBlue Card||1 point per dollar||$0|
|JetBlue Plus Card||1 point per dollar||$99|
|Uber Visa Card||2 points per dollar||$0|
|Citi Double Cash Card||Up to 2% cash back (1% when you purchase, 1% when you pay your bill on time)||$0|
How to maximize JetBlue ShopTrue purchases
To get more bang for your buck with the JetBlue ShopTrue portal, consider these strategies:
- Stack point-earning opportunities with JetBlue ShopTrue coupons. Keep your eye out for JetBlue coupons that can help you save money on online purchases. These coupons can include special discounts, free shipping and other promotions at retailers like Kohl’s, The Home Depot and The Children’s Place.
- Use a rewards credit card when you shop online. Using a rewards credit card is always smart when you are shopping online or in a store. If you want to earn more JetBlue points, however, you should use a co-branded JetBlue credit card or a Chase Ultimate Rewards card to shop through the portal.
- Check the portal every time you shop online. Don’t forget to check the portal for participating stores each time you plan to buy something online. Options change all the time, and you could find that one of your favorite stores becomes available in the portal – even if it wasn’t in the past.
- Download the ShopTrue Notify toolbar. The ShopTrue Notify toolbar will let you know each time you’re on a website that offers points through the portal. All you have to do is download the toolbar to get automatic alerts each time you surf the web.
While the retailers involved in the JetBlue ShopTrue portal are too vast to list, you can rest assured that stores in nearly every niche are represented. Here are some of the main categories and most popular stores available:
- Electronics: Best Buy, Bose, Brookstone
- Department stores: Kohl’s, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s
- Kids and family: BuyBuy Baby, Care.com, Discount School Supply
- Luxury: Barneys New York, Michael Kors, Bergdorf Goodman
- Travel: eBags, Samsonite, Priority Pass
If you’re going to shop online anyway, you might as well earn points or miles for every purchase. The JetBlue ShopTrue portal makes it easy to earn JetBlue points you can use to fly travel within the U.S. and to certain destinations in South America and the Caribbean, so why not take advantage?
Using the portal when you shop is easy and free, so you have nothing to lose.