Hilton Honors guide: The best ways to earn and use Hilton Honors points
Researcher, analyst and editor
Hilton Hotels is one of the world’s oldest hotel brands and – with more than 5,100 properties in more than 103 countries – one of the largest. Since the Hilton Hotel network includes some very nice properties in a lot of locations around the globe, joining the Hilton Honors program and accruing Hilton Honors points might be an item on your itinerary.
What is Hilton Honors?
Hilton Honors is the loyalty program of Hilton Worldwide – a multinational hotel company that encompasses a broad portfolio of hotels and resorts, ranging from midlevel brands such as Hampton Inn, to luxurious Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels.
Hilton Honors gives you a large number of ways to earn points that you can redeem for free nights at Hilton Hotels. Thanks to Hilton’s massive hotel network, your travel options with the Hilton Honors program are immense. But, the program’s points are inflated and won’t take you as far as many of its competitors.
There are other upsides to the Hilton Honors program, however, including its elite benefits. Read on to see if the Hilton Honors can take you where you want to go:
Hilton Honors program overview
|Type of currency||Hotel points|
|Average point value||0.5 cent|
|Credit cards||Hilton Honors, Hilton Honors Ascend, Hilton Honors Aspire, Hilton Hhonors Business|
nights, Points & Money, car rentals, cruise certificates, on-property
rewards, Amazon merchandise, donations
|Minimum required to redeem||5,000
points for a rewards night
|Do rewards expire?||Yes
– if your account is inactive for more than 12 months.
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None.
If a standard room is available, you can book it.
|Hotel brands||Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Canopy, Curio, Tru, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites|
5,100+ properties in 103+ countries.
- What are Hilton Honors points worth?
- Which Hilton Honors card is best for you?
- 9 ways to earn Hilton Honors points
- Best ways to use Hilton Honors points
- Hilton Honors elite status
Latest offers from Hilton
Other news and advice
- Hilton Honors Dining guide
- Is it worth it to transfer Hilton hotel points to American Airlines?
- What to do with a defunct Hilton card?
- Discover’s new business card pays 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase – The Discover it Business card is a great option for business owners who want a straightforward approach to earning rewards. In addition to offering 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, the card matches all the cash back you earn in the first year ...
- Coming soon: Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Banking – On the heels of the Sapphire Banking launch, Chase has unveiled plans to launch an exclusive offer to Chase Sapphire cardholders sometime in October 2018 ...
- 12 ways to earn Marriott points – Get an overview of the 12 best ways to earn Marriott points quickly ...