Enhanced Frontier Airlines World Mastercard offers up to 5x miles
Credit card products expert.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Barclays and Frontier Airlines have launched an enhanced version of the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard. The upgraded card offers 5 miles per dollar on Frontier Airlines purchases, 3 miles per dollar at restaurants and 1 mile per dollar on everything else. Along with increasing the rewards rate, Barclays has also increased the annual fee – but only by $10.
See the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard changes at a glance:
|Updated offer||Previous offer|
New cardholders continue to earn 40,000 bonus miles when they spend $500 in the first three months and pay the annual fee.
Frontier Airlines World Mastercard details
Although the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard comes with a $79 annual fee, the card’s estimated yearly rewards value more than makes up for the cost. Additionally, the amount you’re required to charge to receive the sign-up bonus – which equals out to approximately $167 per month for three months – is far lower than other airline rewards cards that also offer 40,000-mile bonuses.
|Frontier Airlines World Mastercard|
Why use it?
If you live in a city serviced by Frontier Airlines, the World Mastercard offers a great opportunity to earn bonus miles to use toward free flights. Additionally, cardholders are not required to charge a large amount up front to earn the generous sign-up bonus.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
Other Frontier Airlines World Mastercard perks include:
- $100 anniversary voucher – Earn a $100 flight voucher each account anniversary when you spend $2,500 or more during the card membership year.
- Priority boarding – All cardholders have access to Zone 2 priority boarding.
- No foreign transaction fees – You will not be charged additional fees for charges made outside of the U.S.
- Family pooling – As a primary pool member, you and up to eight contributors can combine your myFrontier Miles.
- myFrontier Miles Elite status – Cardholders earn one qualifying mile per dollar spent each calendar year – getting them that much closer to elite status.
Benefits of myFrontier Miles Elite status
|Status||Elite20k status||Elite50k status||Elite100k status|
|Spend requirement||$20,000 per calendar year||$50,000 per calendar year||$100,000 per calendar year|
Comparing airline rewards cards
A handful of airline rewards cards also offer 40,000-mile sign-up bonuses. See how they compare to the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard in the table below:
Airline cards with 40,000-mile sign-up bonuses
|Credit card||Sign-up bonus||Annual fee||Estimated yearly rewards value ($15,900 spend)|
|Frontier Airlines World Mastercard||
|United Explorer Card||
||$95, waived first year||$488|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card||
|Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card||
According to our calculations, the Frontier card offers the highest yearly rewards value among these cards. For the average consumer who spends $15,900 each year on groceries, gas, clothing and general purchases, a cardholder stands to earn nearly double the rewards value from the Frontier card than the other 40,000-mile offers.
Should you apply?
If you can spring for the $79 annual fee and $500 spend threshold required to earn the bonus, the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard offers a great opportunity to earn a generous rewards rate and sign-up bonus.
But if you’re interested in earning Frontier rewards from a credit card without paying any upfront fees, Frontier also offers a no-fee version of the World Mastercard. In addition to not charging an annual fee, the No Annual Fee Frontier Airlines World Mastercard card offers a 10,000-mile sign-up bonus after making your first purchase.
Either way, keep in mind that Frontier only serves select cities throughout North America. For a full list of cities, click here.
See related: Earn 40,000 bonus miles and a $100 credit with the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card, Earn 40,000 bonus points with the Southwest Rapid Rewards cards, Earn up to 30,000 bonus points with JetBlue cards
- American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping mall guide – Our guide to to the AA shopping portal shows you how to use and maximize the site to stack up extra AAdvantage miles ...
- Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles with Capital One Spark Miles for Business cards – See how the new intro bonus on Capital One Spark Miles for Business cards can maximize rewards in the first year ...
- Bank of America Cash Rewards vs. Chase Freedom – Our comparison of the Bank of America Cash Rewards card and the Chase Freedom help you determine which card has more value for you ...