Redeeming your credit card rewards for moments and experiences
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank's website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards to find our current offers, or use our CardMatchTM tool to find cards matched to your needs.
People obtain credit cards for a number of reasons. Some may want to build their credit, finance a large purchase or transfer a credit card balance. Others want to earn rewards and take advantage of credit card perks.
Some of the more well-known perks include price protection, travel insurance and airport lounge access. But several credit cards also offer members exclusive access to unique events and one-of-a-kind experiences, such as backstage access to a Broadway musical and or private dinner with a celebrity chef.
We have compiled an ongoing list of experiences and moments that can be purchased or bid on using credit cards rewards or cash.
Members of the Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards programs can purchase or bid on experiences through Marriott Rewards Moments, which offers a variety of exclusive experiences for points redemption, including entertainment, culinary and sporting events.
Marriott Rewards Moments include:
- Meet team driver Lewis Hamilton at the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport Brackley Headquarters in the United Kingdom on Nov. 13, 2018. Current bid: 10,000 points
- Attend the 52nd Annual CMA Awards in Nashville, Tennessee on Nov. 14, 2018. The experience includes tickets to the show, a two-night stay at the JW Marriott Nashville, a private concert, a Marriott JW treatment, a JW Mindfulness experience and roundtrip airport transportation for two.
- Get VIP access to the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony in New York City on Nov. 28, 2018. Package includes cocktails, dinner and entertainment. Current bid: 120,000 points
- Take part in a ski session with Olympic skier Bode Miller in Vail, Colorado Dec. 7 through Dec. 9, 2018. Package includes a two-night stay at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. Current bid: 102,500 points
- You and guest can see Elton John perform from a custom luxury suite at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California in January 2019. Includes complimentary food and beverage as well as access to Hyde Lounge. Current bid: 105,000 points
- Take part in Cayman Cookout, a four-day epicurean event hosted by chef Eric Ripert, at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman. Package includes a four-night stay at The Ritz-Carlton from Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2019. Current bid: 152,500 points
- Dine at chef Thomas Keller’s Michelin Star restaurant, The French Laundry, in Napa Valley, California on Dec. 1, 2018. Package includes a 10-course tasting menu for two (valued at $750), a kitchen tour and an autographed copy of chef Keller’s cookbook. Current bid: 210,000 points
- Enjoy a seaplane tour, private dinner and two-night stay in a split-level ocean suite at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort in Victoria, Canada. Package includes a whale watching tour, daily breakfast and a one-hour couples massage. Current bid: 117,500
View a full list of Marriott Rewards Moments here.
While Marriott Rewards Moments offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences that are exclusive to rewards members, Marriott Moments offers travel experiences and rental car promotions to both members and non-members.
Marriott Moments include:
- Take a group surf lesson at the Macao Surf Camp in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Package includes hotel pickup and drop-off, use of surfboard and a professional surf photographer. Price: from $95
- Enjoy four hours of outdoor thrills on a six-line zipline adventure in the Rocky Mountains – just a 30-minute drive from downtown Denver, Colorado. Price: from $105
- Become the captain of a gondola with a 90-minute lesson from a professional gondolier in Venice, Italy. Price: from $83
- Take a full-day tour to the Pyrenees and Medieval Villages in Barcelona, Spain. Tour includes a soft hike through the mountains of the Pyrenees and a visit to two preserved medieval villages. Price: from $109
- On a three-hour guided Lower East Side food tour, visit six uniquely different mom and pop spots, ethnic eateries and restaurants in New York City. Price: from $60
- Get up to 35 percent off base rates and up to 3,000 points on Hertz rentals.
Discover more Marriott Moments here.
SPG Moments allows Starwood Preferred Guest members to purchase or bid on exclusive experiences and VIP access using points, with redemptions starting at 1,000 points. Moments include culinary, lifestyle, entertainment and sporting events, such as:
- See Ed Sheeran perform live at his first-ever North American stadium tour. Package includes floor seats and an autographed poster. Multiple locations are available from Oct. 20 through Nov. 10, 2018. Current bid: 120,000
- Attend Game 1 of the 2018 MLB World Series on Oct. 23, 2018. Package includes a local Sheraton hotel stay. Current bid: 60,000 points
- You and a guest can attend the Charlie Puth 2018 Voicenotes world tour from the SPG Luxury Suite at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai, Chine on Oct. 31, 2018. Current bid: 22,500
- Enjoy VIP suite tickets to watch FC Bayern Munchen’s versus AEK Athens in Munich, Germany on Nov. 7, 2018. Current bid: 30,000 points
- Attend a master class of pastry making with chef Celine Plano of Pascaline Fine Catering, plus stay at The Ritz-Carlton at Half Moon Bay on Nov. 16 and Nov. 17, 2018. Current bid: 75,000 points
- Join celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson during a private dinner at his restaurant, Red Rooster, as he celebrates the culinary traditions of Harlem on Dec. 7, 2018. Current bid: 50,000 points
- You and a guest can enjoy a private cruise on the Nile river and a two-night stay at Le Meridien Heliopolis in El Cairo, Egypt from Nov. 5 through Dec. 21, 2018. Current bid: 12,500
- Bring in 2019 like a VIP at the Marriott Marquis Times Square’s New Year’s Eve gala in New York City. The package includes a multi-course tasting dinner, premium open bar and live entertainment, plus a two-night stay at the Marriott Marquis hotel from Dec. 30, 2018 through Jan. 1, 2019. Current bid: 272,500 points
Check out a full list of current SPG Moments here.
Priceless Cities is a program that gives Mastercard cardholders access to unique experiences, such as taking a lesson, touring a city or going behind the scenes. Instead of using rewards to bid on experiences, you can simply purchase the experience for a set price.
Priceless Cities experiences include:
- Learn from a top Miami chef during a cooking workshop at Wynwood Yard in Miami, Florida. Multiple dates are available. Price: $312
- Take photos of New York City alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Vincent Laforet. The 10-hour package includes lunch. Price: $12,000 per person
- Learn the art of crossword building with The New York Times’ David Kwong at the Beachwood Café in Los Angeles, California. The lesson lasts for 90 minutes. Price: $175
- Explore Oahu’s famous North Shore beaches and a horseback adventure in Hawaii. Price: $199.99 per person
- Take part in an after-hours tour of The Jim Henson Exhibition and perform with puppets at The Museum of the Moving Image in New York, New York. Price: $63
To see a full list of current Mastercard Priceless Cities experiences, click here.
SkyMiles Experiences is an online auction platform that lets Delta SkyMiles members bid on unique events and experiences, including entertainment, sports, food and wine and travel. To bid on SkyMiles Experiences, you must reside in the U.S.
SkyMiles Experiences include the following offers:
- See your favorite racers at the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Awards on Nov. 28 and Nov. 29, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Current bid: 30,000 miles
- Get VIP access at the 11th annual David Ortiz celebrity golf classic in the Dominican Republic. Package includes Delta flights and a three-night stay at Casa de Campo Resort and Villas from Nov. 29 to Dec. 2, 2018. Current bid: 237,000 miles
- Attend the Aquaman movie premier and after party on Dec. 12, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Current bid: 102,000 miles
- Get two tickets to the tenth annual Key West Food and Wine Festival Jan. 25 through Jan. 27, 2019 in Key West, Florida. Current bid: 50,000 miles
- Visit Italy on a six-day Butterfield & Robinson’s Tuscany self-guided walking tour beginning in Rome and ending in Siena, Italy. Travel can be taken between May and September 2019. Current bid: 267,000 miles
- Get a one-year Delta Private Jets membership, valued at $8,500. Package includes unlimited, no-cost-per-leg, access to empty-leg private jet travel with Delta Private Jets and reduces hourly pricing for standard private jet charters. Current bid: 50,000 miles
To view other SkyMiles Experiences, click here and log in to your SkyMiles account.
Capital One cardholders can enjoy exclusive access to culinary, sporting and entertainment events through Capital One Access. Capital One ticket and event offers are available to cardholders with an eligible Visa or Mastercard Capital One credit card. If you have a Capital One private label retail card, you are not eligible. Note, there may be a limit on the number of tickets you can purchase. Additionally, pre-sale tickets are only available during the stated time period and while supplies last.
Capital One Access events include:
- Get a 10-percent discount on Capitals, Wizards, Mystics and Valor regular season ticket purchases. To redeem, enter the first six digits of your Capital One card in the offer code.
- Access the VIP cardholder entrance for Washington Capitals and Wizards games on 6th Street when you sign up for a one-year free trial Monumental Sports Network VIP membership.
To see future and past Capital One Access events, click here.
Chase Reserve experiences gives Sapphire Reserve® and J.P. Morgan Reserve® cardholders access to intimate events, such as behind-the scenes entertainment experiences and VIP dining events, including:
- Purchase a 2019 Sundance Film Festival ticket package (limited time offer available Oct. 23, 2018 at 2pm EST through Oct. 25, 2018 at 2pm EST).
- Show your Sapphire card and get exclusive access to the Chase Sapphire® Lounge at Pier 17 River Lounge in New York City.
- Cash back alternatives that compete with top travel cards – Though travel cards sometimes have a better point value, many cash back cards offer rewards rates that make them a better choice ...
- Guide to Priority Pass lounges – This huge collection of airport lounges is a plushy escape for frequent travelers ...
- Southwest Airlines debuts flights to Hawaii – Southwest Airlines has officially started selling tickets to Hawaii. Flights from California to Hawaii are scheduled to begin March 17, 2019, with inter-island routes launching in April ...