Citibank unifies the mobile experience for Citi Mobile App users
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Citibank has upgraded its Citi Mobile App for iPhone to combine banking, trading and investing into a single user app experience. Citi FinTech, a new division within Citi’s Global Consumer Bank, recently added new features to the app to enhance Citi’s mobile banking services as well as offer cutting-edge authentication.
Stephen Bird, CEO of global consumer banking at Citi, described the launch of the upgrades as breaking ground on two fronts. “First, it delivers a new custom designed mobile experience for Citigold clients that is among the first to integrate banking, investing and money movement in the palm of your hand,” he stated. “Second, it demonstrates the power and potential of our new agile operating model, a spearhead to leading what’s next for our clients and for Citi.”
Enhance mobile banking
In an attempt to provide consumers with next generation banking capabilities, Citi FinTech has customized a variety of new features for U.S. Citigold customers. Yolande Piazza, chief operating officer of Citi FinTech, explained, “We set out to solve for our clients’ more complex financial and investment needs first, which is why many new features are tailored to Citigold clients.”
In addition to offering enhanced design, user-friendly language and mobile-friendly screen flows, the Citi Mobil App for iPhone now includes the following:
- Enhanced account authentication options: Citigold and Citi Priority customers can now choose to log in to their accounts using fingerprint, voice or facial recognition, in addition to a traditional password or PIN.
- Immediate assistance: Citigold clients can instantly connect with their relationship manager, financial advisor, or the 24-hour service center using the “click to call” feature.
- Money transfers: U.S. Citi clients can seamlessly transfer funds globally between Citibank accounts using Citi Global Transfers. Clients can also make transfers between linked checking and brokerage accounts by using an account number.
- Trading and investments: Citigold clients can use the app to buy and sell equities, ETFs and mutual funds, as well as initiate real-time trades. In the future, Citigold clients will also have the ability to open new brokerage accounts.
Citi plans to expand these new mobile features to additional consumers and markets in the future. The enhancements follow the launch of several recent improvements to the Citi mobile app, including replacement card mobile tracking and the ability to dispute charges in-app.
- AmEx Hilton cards debut with 100,000-point sign-up bonus – In addition to refreshing the Hilton Honors card and the Hilton Honors Surpass card with changes that include an increased sign-up bonus and new card name, American Express has launched two new Hilton products – a business card and a luxury card ...
- PenFed launches a new travel card that rewards you for everyday purchases – In addition to offering up to 4 points per dollar on travel purchases, the new PenFed Pathfinder Rewards American Express card offers a 25,000-point sign-up bonus and a 0-percent intro APR on balance transfers for a limited time ...
- Navy Federal removes balance transfer APRs for a limited time – Navy Federal Credit Union has announced a limited-time promotion that lets new and existing cardholders enjoy a 0-percent interest rate on balance transfers for 12 months ...