Citi ThankYou members earn 50 percent more TrueBlue points for travel season
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Citi has unveiled a limited-time offer that allows card members to receive a 50 percent bonus when transferring ThankYou points to JetBlue.
Running March 2 through April 30, 2017, Citi has scheduled the launch of this promotion just in time for those planning spring break trips and summer vacations. “With the travel season upon us, we felt this was a great time to leverage our valued relationship with JetBlue to give back to our customers and say thanks for being a valued ThankYou member,” explained Mary Hines Droesch, global head of Citi Rewards. “For those whose lifestyle leans toward travel, this means more adventure and more savings.”
From ThankYou to TrueBlue
Citibank originally added the ability to convert ThankYou points to TrueBlue points in October 2016. Droesch stated, “Through Citi ThankYou Rewards, we are consistently looking for ways to provide our card members with increased choice and flexibility in how they use their points to fit their individual needs.”
The new bonus allows eligible card members to transfer ThankYou points at the following rates:
- Citi ThankYou Premier, Citi Prestige and Citi Chairman card members receive 1.5 TrueBlue points for every 1.25 ThankYou points. This is a .5 point increase over the previous rate of 1 TrueBlue point per 1.25 ThankYou points.
- Citi ThankYou Preferred and Citi Forward card members receive 1.5 TrueBlue points for every 2 ThankYou points they transfer. The previous offer allowed card members to receive 1 TrueBlue point per 2 ThankYou points.
TrueBlue points can be redeemed for JetBlue flights and vacation packages and Hawaiian Airlines flights. Points can also be used to purchase magazine and newspaper subscriptions and to bid on experiences at the TrueBlue Shop. TrueBlue members can choose to donate points or transfer them to family and friends as well.
In order to take advantage of the new transfer rate, a cardholder must be a TrueBlue member and must register his or her membership number prior to transferring points. Points can be transferred via the “points transfer” feature at thankyou.com.
- How NOT to teach kids responsible card use – Children are observers and parents unwittingly tend to do things just about guaranteed to show kids exactly what not to do with credit cards ...
- Guide: How to save money on landscaping for your yard – Our ultimate guide to saving money on landscaping looks at the costs and benefits of flood- and drought-resistant projects, urban landscaping and gardening and how you loyalty programs and credit card rewards can cut your costs ...
- How to quit smoking and improve your finances – Quitting smoking can improve your financial health. If you stop spending $10 a pack on cigarettes, you can put that money in savings, toward college costs or even pay for a car or a home. Plus, you'll spend less on health care and insurance costs ...