Our Ultimate Rewards guide gives you the full rundown on earning and redeeming Ultimate Rewards points and helps you figure out which Ultimate Rewards card is best for you.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards loyalty program is one of the most valuable and flexible credit card rewards programs in existence. Not only do you have a wide variety of options for redeeming rewards points, including cash back, gift cards and travel, but you can easily transfer points to certain Chase cards and, from there, on to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners at a high 1:1 rate.
Basically, the Chase Ultimate Rewards program can take you practically anywhere you want to travel, at a great value.
Chase Ultimate Rewards program overview
|Type of currency||Flexible points|
|Average point value||1.26 cents|
|Credit cards||Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Business Cash, Ink Business Unlimited|
|Redemption options||Statement credits, direct deposit, gift cards, travel, Amazon.com and Chase Pay purchases, Apple products|
|Minimum required to redeem||Redeem any number of points at any time|
|Do rewards expire?||No|
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None. If a flight or a hotel room is available, you can book it with your rewards.|
|Point transfer options||Other household members, certain Ultimate Rewards cards, 13 airline and hotel partners|
|Is there a fee to transfer points?||No|
- Why are Chase Ultimate Rewards points so valuable?
- Best Ultimate Rewards cards
- Best ways to earn Ultimate Rewards points
- Best ways to redeem Ultimate Rewards points
- Ultimate Rewards transfer partners
- Guide to the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
Latest offers from Chase
- Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Banking
- Chase’s Ink business card offers a $500 bonus
- Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire cards
- Earn up to a $300 cash back bonus with the Freedom Unlimited card
- Earn up to 80,000 bonus points with the Chase Ink Business cards
- Chase Freedom quarterly categories
Other news and advice
- Chase Freedom Unlimited card offers 3 percent cash back
- Chase launches Chase Offers
- Redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards for Apple products
- How to book travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- What is Chase’s 5/24 rule and how does it work?
- Chase Freedom vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Which is best?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred: Which is better?
- Chase Pay: How to use it and rack up cash back rewards