Chase Ultimate Rewards guide: The best ways to earn and use Ultimate Rewards points
Researcher, analyst and editor
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers.
Photo Credit: Manuel Moreno / Unsplash
If you are serious about getting into the game of using credit card points for free travel, then applying for a Chase Ultimate Rewards card or two should be one of the first items on your to-do list.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards loyalty program is one of the most valuable and flexible credit card rewards programs in existence. Not only do you have a wide variety of options for redeeming rewards points, including cash back, gift cards and travel, but you can easily transfer points to certain Chase cards and, from there, on to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners at a high 1:1 rate.
Basically, the Chase Ultimate Rewards program can take you practically anywhere you want to travel, at a great value.
Chase Ultimate Rewards program overview
|Type of currency||Flexible points|
|Average point value||1.26 cents|
|Credit cards||Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Business Cash|
|Redemption options||Statement credits, direct deposit, gift cards, travel, Amazon.com and Chase Pay purchases|
|Minimum required to redeem||Redeem any number of points at any time|
|Do rewards expire?||No|
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None. If a flight or a hotel room is available, you can book it with your rewards.|
|Point transfer options||Other household members, certain Ultimate Rewards cards, 13 airline and hotel partners|
|Is there a fee to transfer points?||No|
- Why are Chase Ultimate Rewards points so valuable?
- Best Ultimate Rewards cards
- Best ways to earn Ultimate Rewards points
- Best ways to redeem Ultimate Rewards points
- Ultimate Rewards transfer partners
Latest offers from Chase
- Chase Freedom vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Which is best?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred: Which is better?
- Chase unveils its cash back category for Q2 2018
Other news and advice
- Earn up to 55,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire cards
- Earn 17,500 bonus points with the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards
- What is Chase's 5/24 rule and how does it work?
- Chase to launch new Marriott Rewards card with a 100,000-point sign-up bonus – Chase has unveiled plans to launch a new Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card with 100,000 bonus points, 6 points per dollar at Marriott hotels and 2 points per dollar on everything else ...
- Get up to 80,000 bonus points and 10x points on hotel stays with Chase’s new IHG cards – Chase and IHG have added two new products to their credit card portfolio: the IHG Rewards Premier card and the IHG Rewards Club Traveler card ...
- Earn 75,000 miles each year with the new Barclays Arrival Premier card – Read on to see how – by combining the generous rewards rate with the annual bonus – you can earn more than 75,000 miles each year with the new Barclays Arrival Premier World Mastercard ...