Chase Ultimate Rewards guide: The best ways to earn and use Ultimate Rewards points
Researcher, analyst and editor
Photo Credit: Manuel Moreno / Unsplash
If you are serious about getting into the game of using credit card points for free travel, then applying for a Chase Ultimate Rewards card or two should be one of the first items on your to-do list.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards loyalty program is one of the most valuable and flexible credit card rewards programs in existence. Not only do you have a wide variety of options for redeeming rewards points, including cash back, gift cards and travel, but you can easily transfer points to certain Chase cards and, from there, on to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners at a high 1:1 rate.
Basically, the Chase Ultimate Rewards program can take you practically anywhere you want to travel, at a great value.
Chase Ultimate Rewards program overview
|Type of currency||Flexible points|
|Average point value||1.26 cents|
|Credit cards||Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Business Cash, Ink Business Unlimited|
|Redemption options||Statement credits, direct deposit, gift cards, travel, Amazon.com and Chase Pay purchases, Apple products|
|Minimum required to redeem||Redeem any number of points at any time|
|Do rewards expire?||No|
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None. If a flight or a hotel room is available, you can book it with your rewards.|
|Point transfer options||Other household members, certain Ultimate Rewards cards, 13 airline and hotel partners|
|Is there a fee to transfer points?||No|
- Why are Chase Ultimate Rewards points so valuable?
- Best Ultimate Rewards cards
- Best ways to earn Ultimate Rewards points
- Best ways to redeem Ultimate Rewards points
- Ultimate Rewards transfer partners
Latest offers from Chase
- Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Banking
- Chase's Ink business card offers a $500 bonus
- Earn 50,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire cards
- Earn 15,000 bonus points with the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards
- Earn up to 80,000 bonus points with the Chase Ink Business cards
- Chase Freedom quarterly categories
Other news and advice
- Redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards for Apple products
- How to book travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- What is Chase's 5/24 rule and how does it work?
- Chase Freedom vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Which is best?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred: Which is better?
- Chase Pay: How to use it and rack up cash back rewards
- American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping mall guide – Our guide to to the AA shopping portal shows you how to use and maximize the site to stack up extra AAdvantage miles ...
- Chase launches Chase Offers on its mobile app – Eligible Chase cardholders can now access a variety of special deals and discounts directly from their cell phone or mobile device via the Chase Mobile app ...
- Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles with Capital One Spark Miles for Business cards – See how the new intro bonus on Capital One Spark Miles for Business cards can maximize rewards in the first year ...