Chase Ultimate Rewards guide: The best ways to earn and use Ultimate Rewards points
Researcher, analyst and editor
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers.
Photo Credit: Manuel Moreno / Unsplash
If you are serious about getting into the game of using credit card points for free travel, then applying for a Chase Ultimate Rewards card or two should be one of the first items on your to-do list.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards loyalty program is one of the most valuable and flexible credit card rewards programs in existence. Not only do you have a wide variety of options for redeeming rewards points, including cash back, gift cards and travel, but you can easily transfer points to certain Chase cards and, from there, on to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners at a high 1:1 rate.
Basically, the Chase Ultimate Rewards program can take you practically anywhere you want to travel, at a great value.
Chase Ultimate Rewards program overview
|Type of currency||Flexible points|
|Average point value||1.26 cents|
|Credit cards||Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Business Cash|
|Redemption options||Statement credits, direct deposit, gift cards, travel, Amazon.com and Chase Pay purchases|
|Minimum required to redeem||Redeem any number of points at any time|
|Do rewards expire?||No|
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None. If a flight or a hotel room is available, you can book it with your rewards.|
|Point transfer options||Other household members, certain Ultimate Rewards cards, 13 airline and hotel partners|
|Is there a fee to transfer points?||No|
- Why are Chase Ultimate Rewards points so valuable?
- Best Ultimate Rewards cards
- Best ways to earn Ultimate Rewards points
- Best ways to redeem Ultimate Rewards points
- Ultimate Rewards transfer partners
Latest offers from Chase
- Chase Freedom vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Which is best?
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred: Which is better?
- Chase unveils its cash back category for Q1 2018
Other news and advice
- Earn up to 55,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire cards
- Earn 17,500 bonus points with the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards
- What is Chase's 5/24 rule and how does it work?
- What are American Express points worth? – See how much American Express points are worth and how they compare to other rewards programs' points ...
- American Express Rewards guide: The best ways to earn and use Membership Rewards points – Our American Express Rewards guide gives you the full rundown on earning and redeeming Membership Rewards points and helps you figure out which Membership Rewards card is best for you ...
- Amazon offers Prime members 5 percent back at Whole Foods – If you’re a fan of Whole Foods but aren’t necessarily a fan of their prices, Amazon just launched a new offer that can make your organic shopping trip even more valuable ...