Chase launches new Marriott Rewards card with a 100,000-point sign-up bonus
The editorial content
below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not
driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you
click on links to products from our partners. Learn
more about our advertising policy
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Update: This offer is no longer available through our site as of July 11, 2018.
Following Marriott International’s announcement that the Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty programs will be unified, Chase has unveiled a new hotel rewards card with a 100,000-point sign-up bonus: the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card. Along with its lavish sign-up bonus, the card offers 6 points per dollar at Marriott hotels and 2 points per dollar on everything else.
According to David Flueck, senior vice president of global loyalty for Marriott International, “The strong value proposition of the card, along with the enhancement to Marriott’s loyalty programs, makes the Premier Plus card a must-have travel rewards card.”
Marriott Rewards card details
In addition to a generous rewards rate and sign-up bonus, the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card offers a variety of perks, including a free anniversary night at eligible hotels, no foreign transaction fees and trip delay reimbursement.
|Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card|
Why use it?
If you frequently stay at Marriott hotels and are interested in earning a large influx of rewards, the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card is a great option. Along with a 100,000-point sign-up bonus, cardholders earn one free night at eligible hotels each year.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
Like many hotel rewards cards, the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus comes with a substantial annual fee. However, for frequent travelers, the card’s perks and rewards easily justify the cost. For example, the free annual night alone – worth up to $200 by our estimates – more than cancels out the fee.
Silver Elite benefits
Marriott Rewards Premier Plus cardholders automatically receive Silver Elite status, which includes the following benefits:
- 20 percent bonus on Marriott base points
- Free in-room Wi-Fi when you book through Marriott (starting in August 2018)
- Late checkout when available
- Compensation if Marriott is unable to honor your reservation
- 10 percent discount at participating Marriott-operated and managed gift shops
If you charge $35,000 on your card by your card anniversary, you will be boosted to Gold status.
World’s largest hotel network
Marriott International Inc. completed its acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. in September 2016, making it the largest hotel chain in the world. Currently, the network consists of 29 brands and nearly 6,500 properties in 127 countries worldwide, allowing cardholders to redeem rewards at a wide range of properties. For example, the 100,000-point sign-up bonus can be redeemed for two nights at a luxurious category 9 hotel, such as the Hotel Palacio Del Retiro in Spain, or 10 nights at a category 2 hotel, such as the Fairfield Inn & Suites.
For a full list of hotel categories, click here.
Are you eligible?
The 100,000-point sign-up bonus offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card is only available to new cardholders. If you currently have a Marriott Rewards Premier card, you can upgrade to the Premier Plus card; however, you will not receive the same 100,000-point bonus for doing so.
- Discover it® Cash Back vs. Discover it® Student Cash Back: Which is best for you? – The Discover it Cash Back card and Discover it Student card are two great options for college students -- we'll help you decide which is best for you ...
- United Airlines MileagePlus Shopping guide – Our guide to MileagePlus Shopping shows you how to earn more miles through United's shopping portal ...
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express – For frequent Delta flyers, the Gold Delta SkyMiles card and the Platinum Card from American Express are both great options -- we'll help you figure out which one is best for you ...