Capital One launches travel transfer partners for Venture cardholders
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card members have a new option for redeeming their miles – thanks to Capital One’s launch of travel transfer partners. Now, in addition to redeeming miles for travel, statement credits, gift cards or cash back, Venture cardholders can transfer miles to 14 travel loyalty programs, including:
- Aeromexico (Club Premier)
- Air Canada (Aeroplan)
- Air France KLM (Flying Blue)
- Alitalia (MilleMiglia Program)
- Avianca (LifeMiles)
- Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)
- Etihad Airways (Etihad Guest)
- EVA Air (Infinity MileageLands)
- Finnair (Finnair Plus)
- Hainan Airlines (Fortune Wings Club)
- Qantas (Qantas Frequent Flyer)
- Qatar Airways (Privilege Club)
- Emirates (Emirates Skywards)
- Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)
Miles can be transferred to these partners (with the exception of Emirates and Singapore Airlines) at a rate of 2 to 1.5. Meaning – because Venture cardholders earn 2 miles for every dollar they spend – each dollar will essentially be worth 1.5 miles when transferred to one of the loyalty programs.
Miles can be transferred to Emirates and Singapore Airlines at a rate of 2 to 1.
Along with the Venture card, the miles transfer benefit also applies to the VentureOne, Spark Miles and Spark Miles Select cards. Capital One plans to continue adding new travel partners on an ongoing basis.
Exclusive, 75,000-mile bonus
Update: This offer is no longer available as of Dec. 10, 2018.
Capital One has launched a limited-time promotion that’s exclusive to Capital One and The Points Guy (TPG). As of Nov. 13, 2018, applicants who sign up for the Venture card through either of those websites can earn 75,000 bonus miles when they spend $5,000 in the first three months of card membership. That’s 25,000 miles more than the card’s standard sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
Capital One has not yet specified when this offer is scheduled to end.
|Capital One® Venture® Credit Card|
Why use it?
If you want a simple, straightforward approach to earning rewards, the Venture card is a great option – thanks to its 2-mile bonus on general purchases. Additionally, the generous 10-mile bonus on hotel.com purchases is an extra perk for frequent travelers.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
$95, waived first year
If you’re fortunate enough to apply for the increased bonus offer, you’ll have the opportunity to squeeze a lot of value out of the Venture card – especially during the first year. With the added transfer partners, TPG has boosted its valuation of each Venture mile from 1 cent to 1.4 cents – making the 75,000-mile sign-up bonus worth $1,050. That’s a very generous amount for a rewards card that doesn’t charge an annual fee the first year.
Value of sign-up bonuses
|Value of 75,000-mile bonus||Value of 50,000-mile bonus|
|75,000 miles x 1.4 cents = $1,050||50,000 miles x 1.4 cents = $700|
Combine that amount with the average consumer’s yearly spend (approximately $15,900 on food, gas, clothing and general purchases annually), and you have the potential to earn $1,531 in rewards value in the first year alone. By contrast, cardholders can earn $1,181 in rewards value with the standard, 50,000-mile sign-up bonus offer.
See related: Earn 10x miles on hotel stays with Venture and VentureOne, Capital One Venture vs. VentureOne: Which is best?
- Discover it® Cash Back vs. Discover it® Student Cash Back: Which is best for you? – The Discover it Cash Back card and Discover it Student card are two great options for college students -- we'll help you decide which is best for you ...
- United Airlines MileagePlus Shopping guide – Our guide to MileagePlus Shopping shows you how to earn more miles through United's shopping portal ...
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express – For frequent Delta flyers, the Gold Delta SkyMiles card and the Platinum Card from American Express are both great options -- we'll help you figure out which one is best for you ...