Capital One launches travel transfer partners for Venture cardholders
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned below may no longer be available. Please review our list of best credit cards to find our current offers, or use our CardMatch tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card members have a new option for redeeming their miles – thanks to Capital One’s launch of travel transfer partners. Now, in addition to redeeming miles for travel, statement credits, gift cards or cash back, Venture cardholders can transfer miles to 14 travel loyalty programs, including:
- Aeromexico (Club Premier)
- Air Canada (Aeroplan)
- Air France KLM (Flying Blue)
- Alitalia (MilleMiglia Program)
- Avianca (LifeMiles)
- Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)
- Etihad Airways (Etihad Guest)
- EVA Air (Infinity MileageLands)
- Finnair (Finnair Plus)
- Hainan Airlines (Fortune Wings Club)
- Qantas (Qantas Frequent Flyer)
- Qatar Airways (Privilege Club)
- Emirates (Emirates Skywards)
- Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)
Miles can be transferred to these partners (with the exception of Emirates and Singapore Airlines) at a rate of 2 to 1.5. Meaning – because Venture cardholders earn 2 miles for every dollar they spend – each dollar will essentially be worth 1.5 miles when transferred to one of the loyalty programs.
Miles can be transferred to Emirates and Singapore Airlines at a rate of 2 to 1.
Along with the Venture card, the miles transfer benefit also applies to the VentureOne, Spark Miles and Spark Miles Select cards. Capital One plans to continue adding new travel partners on an ongoing basis.
50,000 bonus miles
In addition to earning bonus miles on every purchase, the Capital One Venture card allows new cardholders to earn 50,000 miles when they spend $3,000 in the first three months of card membership.
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card|
Why use it?
If you want a simple, straightforward approach to earning rewards, the Venture card is a great option – thanks to its 2-mile bonus on general purchases. Additionally, the generous 10-mile bonus on hotel.com purchases through January 2020 is an extra perk for frequent travelers.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
$95, waived first year
Cardholders have the opportunity to squeeze a lot of value out of the Venture card – especially during the first year. With the added transfer partners, TPG has boosted its valuation of each Venture mile from 1 cent to 1.4 cents – making the 50,000-mile sign-up bonus worth $700. That’s a very generous amount for a rewards card that doesn’t charge an annual fee the first year.
Value of sign-up bonus
|Value of 50,000-mile bonus|
|50,000 miles x 1.4 cents = $700|
Combine that amount with the average consumer’s yearly spend (approximately $15,900 on food, gas, clothing and general purchases annually), and you have the potential to earn $1,181 in rewards value in the first year alone.
- A guide to the Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards program – Though they get less press than other programs, Go Far Rewards offer solid redemption value and good redemption options -- our guide explains how to make the most of Wells Fargo rewards ...
- 8 ways to earn IHG points – You don't have to stay at an IHG hotel to rack up points ...
- Which IHG credit card is best for you? – Depending on how frequently you travel, either IHG credit card might make sense for you ...