Earn 10x miles on hotel stays with Venture and VentureOne
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers.
Capital One has launched a new partnership with Hotels.com that lets Venture and VentureOne cardholders earn an unlimited 10 miles per dollar on hotel bookings made through hotels.com/venture. This in in addition to the 2 miles per dollar Venture cardholders earn and 1.25 miles per dollar VentureOne cardholders earn on general purchases.
According to Capital One’s recent travel survey, consumers rank being able to stay where they want, without being tied to one particular hotel’s rewards program as most important. Lauren Liss, digital partnership and rewards lead at Capital One, explained, “This partnership makes it really easy for customers to book at the properties they want in the way that they want in a really rewarding way.”
The fine print
While the promotion lets cardholders earn the bonus rate at hundreds of thousands of properties – ranging from boutique hotels to worldwide chains – there are a few caveats:
- The promotion is scheduled to run from Jan. 30, 2018, through Jan. 31, 2020.
- You must use a United States-issued Venture or VentureOne card that is open and in good standing to book the reservation.
- Bookings must be made through the hotels.com/venture portal by Jan. 31, 2020.
- You must pay online at the time of the booking to earn the bonus rewards rate.
The offer is not valid for bookings made by phone or through the Hotels.com mobile app. Bookings for groups, bookings that include flights and bookings where payment is made at the property are also not eligible.
Collect 10 nights, get one free
If you’re not already a member of the Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program, we recommend that you join in order to maximize your earnings. In addition to receiving 10 miles per dollar on hotel bookings, Venture and VentureOne cardholders who are also loyalty members can earn a free hotel night after they collect 10 nights. The 10 nights can be collected in a single stay or on multiple trips at more than 297,000 properties worldwide.
To determine the value of the free night, the value of the 10 nights is averaged – you will only be responsible for the taxes and fees. If you select a hotel room that is more expensive than the average value, you will be responsible for the difference in price.
Free nights can be redeemed at over 213,000 properties, with no blackout dates or restrictions.
Comparing the Venture and VentureOne cards
With such similar appearances and card names, you may be wondering what separates the Venture card from the VentureOne card. Essentially, the Venture card is the premium version, with a larger sign-up bonus, higher rewards rate and more expensive annual fee after the first year.
Here’s a closer look at what each card has to offer:
Capital One Venture vs. Capital One VentureOne
Capital One VentureOne
Capital One Venture
||20,000 miles if you spend $1,000 in first 3 months||50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 in first 3 months|
||$0||$95, $0 in first year|
|Rewards earnings averaged over 3 years ($15,900 spend. Includes sign-up bonus)||$293||$447|
|Who should get this card?||
If you’re interested in taking a more in-depth look at the Venture and VentureOne cards, check our card comparison story: Capital One Venture vs. VentureOne: Which card is best for you?
- What are American Express points worth? – See how much American Express points are worth and how they compare to other rewards programs' points ...
- American Express Rewards guide: The best ways to earn and use Membership Rewards points – Our American Express Rewards guide gives you the full rundown on earning and redeeming Membership Rewards points and helps you figure out which Membership Rewards card is best for you ...
- Amazon offers Prime members 5 percent back at Whole Foods – If you’re a fan of Whole Foods but aren’t necessarily a fan of their prices, Amazon just launched a new offer that can make your organic shopping trip even more valuable ...