Your guide to earning and redeeming Capital One rewards miles.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
If you are on the hunt for a straightforward but rewarding travel credit card, Capital One has a few great options. Whether you are looking for a business or personal card, you can earn flexible miles on your everyday purchases.
What are Capital One rewards?The Capital One rewards program is well known for its ease of use, making cards such as the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card a favorite of frequent travelers. Across all Capital One rewards cards, cardholders have no limits to the number of miles they can earn. The redemption options are also very flexible, including statement credits, gift cards and travel purchases.
Perhaps the most exciting perk of the Capital One rewards program is the Purchase Eraser, which allows rewards cardholders to book their travel on any outside website and redeem miles for a statement credit. Best of all, you can choose to pay for any portion of the charge with your rewards and use cash to cover the rest.
Recently, Capital One announced a list of 15 travel partners that cardholders can transfer their miles to. This not only improved the overall rewards value, but made the Capital One Rewards program more flexible than ever.
Capital One Rewards program overview
|Type of currency||Flexible miles|
|Average point value||1 cent|
|Credit cards||Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card , Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card, Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business|
|Redemption options||Travel, statement credits, gift cards|
|Minimum required to redeem||Redeem any number of miles at any time|
|Do rewards expire?||No|
|Blackout dates/travel restrictions||None|
|Mile transfer options||15 airline partners, certain Capital One rewards accounts|
|Is there a fee to transfer miles?|
Straightforward rewards program with good general rewards rate
Booking travel on multiple sties without losing point value
Flexible redemption options
- What are Capital One miles worth?
- Which cards earn Capital One miles?
- Best ways to earn Capital One rewards miles
- Best ways to redeem Capital One rewards miles
- Capital One rewards transfer partners
Latest offers from Capital One
- Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles with Capital One Spark Miles for Business cards
- Earn up to $2,000 bonus cash back with Spark Cash for Business cards
- Earn up to $300 bonus cash back with Capital One® Savor cards
- A guide to the new One Card from Capital One®
- Capital One offering limited-time transfer bonus to Flying Blue
Other news and advice
- Earn 10x miles on hotel stays with Venture and VentureOne
- Capital One launches new CreditWise tools
- Free business credit reports for anyone? Yes, from Capital One
- Wells Fargo Propel vs. Capital One Venture
- Capital One announces partnership with James Beard Foundation
- Using the Capital One Purchase Eraser
- Booking a trip through Capital One Travel