It’s important to know the costs of negative marks on your credit history and how you should handle a potential employer who requests to see your credit report.
If you’re applying for jobs, some prospective employers will conduct credit checks. If your credit history is less than perfect, you might have some explaining to do. It’s important to know your rights, the costs of negative marks on your credit report and what you should say to a potential employer before your credit report is pulled.
Read the stories below for more information on how bad credit can affect your job search.
- Avoiding bad credit when you lose a job
- 9 tips for job seekers with bad credit
- How bad credit can affect your job search
- Poor credit can leave you jobless
- Credit checks for job applicants become more common
- Better credit can improve your job prospects