American Express: Find a credit card that fits
What do you think of when you think of American Express? Do you think of a credit card only for the wealthy? Or maybe a credit card out of reach for the common person? Actually, American Express offers credit cards for just about everybody.
There are two different types of American Express cards. There are American Express charge cards and American Express credit cards. The charge card gives you an unsecured line of credit that you must pay off in full every month and requires an annual membership fee of $50. An American Express credit card is just like any other credit card that lets you pay off your balance over time with an APR that is competitive to most lending institutions.
American Express credit cards offer its members many rewards. The American Express credit card that you will want will depend on what you are looking for.
American Express credit cards for travelers
American Express credit cards offer a wide range of benefits for travelers. A main reason so many business owners and travelers get the America Express card is because it gives them automatic flight insurance and baggage protection. In addition, it offers things like roadside assistance if you are more than 100 miles from home, and other travel-related benefits.
These benefits come with many of the American Express charge cards. But if you want a credit card, the Delta Skymiles American Express Card might be something to look into. This card gives you one frequent flier mile on Delta for every dollar spent. In addition, it gives you double points on all purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, post office, and other places. This card is right for those who want travel benefits without having to pay off their balance very month.
With American Express feeling blue is a good thing
For those out there who don’t want to pay annual fees and like cash back rewards, American Express has a card for you. It’s called Blue. Blue offers these features:
- No annual fee
- Cash back on most purchases
- Online purchase protection
Blue is a very accessible American Express credit card. It shatters the illusion some people might have that American Express is only for the wealthy. This card is for people who like to get rewards but hate annual fees. And it is a credit card, so you can pay it off over time.
As you can see, American Express has many cards to choose from. These cards all have their own features. Some of them even offer a balance transfer option when you first apply. And with the American Express credit card, you can get additional cards on the same account—perfect for families.
It's easy to see why so many people enjoy the benefits an American Express credit card offers. It offers something for everyone’s taste. Whether you are looking for a good reward program credit card, a gold card, a smart credit card, or a charge card, American Express has many cards to choose from. The one you choose will be up to you.
- Your Chase card could help you get your next personal loan – Chase recently announced it will launch two brand-new personal loan options that will be available to its cardholders ...
- Are contactless 'tap-and-go' credit cards about to take over the US market? – Contactless cards, which you tap instead of dipping or swiping, currently make just a tiny fraction of the credit card market in the U.S. But that may be about to change ...
- How to pay, send, receive money using Google Pay – Google has combined Google Wallet and Android Pay in one mobile wallet and P2P app: Google Pay. Here's everything you need to know about security, privacy, payment options and fees ...